Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Original Recaro Seats
Cal
post May 2 2020, 06:54 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,138
Region Association: North East States

If anyone is interested there's a member over at the ESR that has the original Recaro Rallye 1 seats for sale. These seats were specifically designed and manufactured by Recaro directly for the 914 starting in '71 and were marketed directly through the dealerships. I'm sure the seats aren't cheap but would look great in that special hot rod build / restoration project.

https://www.early911sregistry.org/forums/sh...on-914-s/page10

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 15)
JmuRiz
post May 2 2020, 08:44 PM
Post #2

914 Guru

Member No.: 50
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Wonder how skinny you need to be to fit?

I know of some 911 recaros from that era in a longhood ST replica that even I can’t fit in
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
jpsurfer
post Aug 1 2020, 05:06 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 20,989
Region Association: Southern California

I have one of these myself and it is definitely rare and awesome to sit in as long as not much over 32 waist. The headrest is narrower and fits inside the backed and the stock sliders bolt right on. I had this in a car I have now sold and will be selling this too if anyone is interested.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
john77
post Aug 1 2020, 06:41 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 17,027

Interested to see how much he wants, I have a pair of them in my car - I got them 5 years ago and they certainly weren't cheap then, so I wonder if they appreciated like everything else with the word porsche attached to it.

I have a 33 inch waist and they're snug - but I got them when I was AXing the car, so it was kind of the point.
+Quote Post
porschetub
post Aug 1 2020, 08:23 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 18,995
Region Association: None

QUOTE(jpsurfer @ Aug 2 2020, 11:06 AM) *

I have one of these myself and it is definitely rare and awesome to sit in as long as not much over 32 waist. The headrest is narrower and fits inside the backed and the stock sliders bolt right on. I had this in a car I have now sold and will be selling this too if anyone is interested.

Wow very nice (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif)
+Quote Post
TRS63
post Feb 1 2021, 04:11 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 24,690
Region Association: Europe

Hello all,

sorry for bringing an old topic up, but I have a question regarding the picture with the recaro seats. I am looking into putting BF-Torino seats inside mine, design is like the passenger seat on the picture posted above. But due to local german registration laws, I need to prove that this design was used in a 914 at least 30 years ago.. This technical guide from Porsche would be awesome..do anyone have more information? which guide is it? which year? or even some scan from the pages?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Antoine
+Quote Post
Cal
post Feb 1 2021, 07:47 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 18,138
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(TRS63 @ Feb 1 2021, 05:11 AM) *

Hello all,

sorry for bringing an old topic up, but I have a question regarding the picture with the recaro seats. I am looking into putting BF-Torino seats inside mine, design is like the passenger seat on the picture posted above. But due to local german registration laws, I need to prove that this design was used in a 914 at least 30 years ago.. This technical guide from Porsche would be awesome..do anyone have more information? which guide is it? which year? or even some scan from the pages?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Antoine

Antoine,

You should contact Uwe on the ESR (Early S Registry).....his forum name is Recarno. He's very knowledgeable with the recaro and scheel vintage seats in early Porsche cars. I believe the photo that I originally posted was from him. I do not have his email address.....but you can contact him through the ESR if you're a member.

https://www.early911sregistry.org/forums/forum.php

Jeff
+Quote Post
TRS63
post Feb 1 2021, 07:52 AM
Post #8

Jeff,

thanks a lot! I will register there and contact him!

Cheers

Antoine
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post Feb 1 2021, 10:35 AM
Post #9

that's what I do!

Member No.: 26
Region Association: Canada

I traded a Recardo to @peteyd , probably too cheap, but it was never going to fit my ass. He did give me a good trade and I didn't have to ship it... yada-yada. Pete told me later it was really a 911 seat, but he had it reupholstered and made it fit in his 914.

It did look like these seats, but it had a small "Recardo" badge sewn into the back pad.
+Quote Post
racerbvd
post Feb 1 2021, 10:08 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 226

This came out of a friend's 914-6, race car that was built and racedvin the 70s. I was going to use it in my 914-6GT clone.
Attached Image
+Quote Post
peteyd
post Feb 2 2021, 10:24 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 8,858
Region Association: Canada

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Feb 1 2021, 08:35 AM) *

I traded a Recardo to @peteyd , probably too cheap, but it was never going to fit my ass. He did give me a good trade and I didn't have to ship it... yada-yada. Pete told me later it was really a 911 seat, but he had it reupholstered and made it fit in his 914.

It did look like these seats, but it had a small "Recardo" badge sewn into the back pad.

We're still buddies though eh Mark? Dont worry I wont be selling it to turn a profit.

Initially I was told it was 911ST, which is big bucks. Then I sent it to GTS classics in Texas and he told me he was'nt certain it was 911. I had him replace the side bolster material and the butt padding, but I had him keep the centre corduroy because I liked the patina.

I have a 32 waist and I am snug sitting in it. I like it and its pretty comfortable, but if I was any bigger it wouldn't be so nice.

Pete
+Quote Post
Marv's3.6six
post Feb 2 2021, 10:39 AM
Post #12

Actual member 7"

Member No.: 3,165

My driver seat is a vintage 914 Recaro, I will confirm that they are snug and will not fit a lot of people. Very comfortable though.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Steve
post Feb 2 2021, 07:49 PM
Post #13

914 Guru

Member No.: 822

I bought new ones in the 90’s and they were too tight for my 32” waist. I sold them on eBay.
+Quote Post
TRS63
post Feb 3 2021, 03:03 AM
Post #14

that does look awesome! I am quite slim and short so size shouldn't be an issue..I think that will be the next modification in my car (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)

Antoine
+Quote Post
UkonCornelious
post Feb 11 2021, 10:48 AM
Post #15

Member No.: 25,192
Region Association: Middle East

What would be a fair price for seats like these, or similar to these (like, on GTSclassics)?

I'd love to replace my torn up old seats with some in better shape. I'd even be interested in some black or brown stockers if I could find some.

I fear it would cost way too much to have someone "fix" my original seats.
+Quote Post
horizontally-opposed
post Feb 11 2021, 10:55 AM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

Sounds like these Recaros are just as tight as period Scheels. One of my Scheels is "just right" for me (also a 32-inch waist) while the other is a bit too snug for me and has prompted a few passengers to gripe about how tight it is.

My old GTS Le Mans seats accepted all body types without generating a single complaint from a passenger, ever, but were a bit too loose for me in the upper torso and not as comfortable on any drive longer than 30-60 minutes. Others clearly love them, and mine still looked new after 8-10 years (at least).

Lesson: Be sure to sit in any seats you buy before doing so, preferably while reading a book for a good while. GTS offers a lot of choices, and I think 2-3 that will work with the back pad?
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 11:56 AM