Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The difference between a teener and a Boxstser, Maybe it's the drivers
Alfred
post Jul 19 2003, 04:44 PM
Post #41

Unregistered

kellzey, you've got great taste in cars. Your 914 looks much more "interesting" than the Boxster, though. Plus, it looks considerably smaller than the Boxster.

Alfred
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Joe Ricard
post Jul 19 2003, 07:00 PM
Post #42

CUMONIWANNARACEU

Group: Members
Member No.: 92

I really like the Beck 550 spyders. I understand that you can get a Type IV motor in them. Man what a rocket that would be. I would probably part with the 928 for a 550 spyder replica.
Now if the money tree falls through my house then I would probably go for a Replica GT40. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
Joe Ricard
post Jul 19 2003, 07:01 PM
Post #43

CUMONIWANNARACEU

Member No.: 92

By The way. 2 weeks till my half way to 80 party. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)
+Quote Post
Steve
post Jul 20 2003, 09:27 AM
Post #44

914 Guru

Member No.: 822
Region Association: Southern California

Beck just came out with a 904 replica.
http://www.beckspeedster.com/pages/870292/index.htm
I wonder what it costs and what are the engine options?

Steve
+Quote Post
Aaron Cox
post Jul 20 2003, 12:06 PM
Post #45

Professional Lawn Dart

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 219
Region Association: Southern California

from the beck page:

This leaves the engine/gearbox sourcing to the customer.  901 and 915 gearboxes and any 911 engine will provide a variety of power options
+Quote Post
grantsfo
post Jul 21 2003, 02:25 PM
Post #46

Arrrrhhhh!

Member No.: 433
Region Association: None

I have both a 1974 914-4 and a 2002 2.7 Boxster. Both are incredible cars. 914 is purer sports car experience while the Boxster offers a very well balanced touring roadster. 914 is the kind of car you throw into a corner and you say "damn hope I make it out the other side" while the Boxster you are removed a bit and know you wont have a problem.

Boxster you push a button and the top is down while 914 you perfect the one person top slide and trunk storage routine.

In the Boxster you dont worry about uphill stretches while in the 914 you are thinking about every shift.

Biggest differnce is when you take the cars on an extended trip. 914 is more like mootorcycle riding. You feel connected with the road, you have no AC, noise drones on and on. Not that the 914 expereince is bad but once you get over 3-4 hours it does get old. While the Boxster has a very comfortable climate controlled enviroment and very supple suspension. The Boxster is a whine and cheese type of car. Perfect for those extended civil weekend outings with your spouse.

The Boxster also gives me the opportunity to turn my nose up to 914's I pass while I have my top up on nice sunny days. Them is us sometimes! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:57 AM