Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> They do fail, Them ECU’s
Porschef
post May 22 2020, 10:55 AM
Post #1

How you doin'

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,152
Region Association: North East States

A couple weeks back I hit some real rough road on my way home from my mechanic neighbor’s shop. The car started running out of power, I made it another couple hundred feet before it died. With help from said neighbor we were able to push it down the road to a safe spot, where Hagerty towing picked it up.

I have a fuel pressure gauge in the engine bay, whenever I would engage the pump it would build up pressure and immediately fall to zero. I thought I had a bad injector or maybe the cold start valve failed, so I pulled them all individually and checked them; they were all leaking. A Noid light showed them all to be open. WTH? My neighbor suspected the ECU, but based on what I’ve read they rarely fail.

Anyway everything else seemed ok so I put out a WTB and Jim Hoyland responded with a unit and an offer to check it out and then buy it if it worked . So last evening I pulled the harness off the one in the car and plugged it into the new one. Presto! Pressure held right where it should. A quick experiment putting the harness back into the old one got the same previous result. So I’m pretty confident that the problem has been resolved.

As much as I wanted to start it, I did not based on the oil reeking of gas. So I’ll do a change, and see what happens.

Big thanks to Jim for helping out, it’s a great community. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th May 2024 - 05:26 AM