Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Buying tips for long-distance purchases, getting back in the game.. all the cars are far away
Eric_Ciampa
post May 22 2020, 03:13 PM
Post #1

CHAMP914

Group: Members
Member No.: 511
Region Association: Northern California

Hey Everyone,

Any tips on searching, buying, transporting a new 914's from other states, meaning you can't just jump in the car and take a look at it to inspect and drive/tow it back?

Last several I have been interested in have been too far to drive for an in person inspection. Probably would take a plane trip to see the car and would need to ship a car. Never shipped a car. I don't want to waste anyone's time. Most of the cars I have been interested in have been 8-14hrs away. How have you guys done it? What should I know. Any comments are appreciated. I'm Located in Northern California.

Backstory (if it helps): Bought my first 914 almost 20 years ago when I was 18. Joined 914World before that. Still recognize a bunch of folks here, but your older. Bought a second one a few years later, but fell off the wagon. Haven't had a drive-able 914 in 15 years. But I'm getting back in the game, except this time, I have an adult budget (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif). I'm on the prowl for a 914 I can enjoy without a lot of work, while I figure out if I want to restore/sell my original car. So I am looking at the mid-to-high end of cars that are well-sorted out and mostly done with some upgrades. Work keeps me too busy to invest in a big project and I miss enjoying the car.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Cairo94507
post May 22 2020, 03:32 PM
Post #2

Michael

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

Welcome back. I think a lot of us have been in that position if not on a 914, maybe another car. We have members everywhere. If you find a car somewhere, post up about needing someone close to it to do a eyes-on inspection with photos/video. I have done that for members and that is the next best thing to being there yourself. Be patient and be ready to pounce when the right car presents itself. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:39 AM