Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Patrick motorsports/naroescape motorsports 6 engine mount, Any one have any tips and tricks for the installation .
Lg914
post Jun 6 2020, 08:45 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,275
Region Association: None

Good Saturday fine people.
I am getting things ready to install a naroescape motorsports engine mount for our six conversion. I understand that the engine will sit lower and after communicating with them they said the engine tin would need to be bent up in order to meet with the sealing rubber. Further they said that the mount is positioned where is is (low) so that it didn’t interfere with the proportioning valve for the rear brakes. We we don’t have have this valve as somewhere in it’s life our car was modified with a T fitting. We have autocrossed the car last year and didn’t find this to be an issue. So maybe I just weld the mount Ira bit higher? This is basically the same mount that Patrick Motorsports sells and they make it work on their builds.

So my question is this. Any one have any experience with these mounts? I am interested in the tilting aspect to be able to get my fat fingers to work on the engine while in the car. Telling me to ditch. This mount and get a different mount is not going to be very helpful (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif). I want to make this work but don’t want to reinvent the wheel.

Thanking everyone in advance for any help.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2024 - 05:56 PM