Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

> Brake Lines, Were they always green coated?
dereknlee
post Jun 18 2020, 10:32 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,259
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Hi,

I have seen it stated that all the 914 brake lines were green coated. Is this correct or were there years with bright brake lines?

When I clean the grime off my 72 /4's brake lines (or push aside the bumpers where they are clamped to the body) they are bright. The lines through the tunnel look the same. The lines are not stainless. The bends and shapes look factory done. Nothing on this car leads me to believe it was taken care of so well that someone would have replaced all the brake lines - but I can't say for sure that they weren't replaced at some point.

Looking to replace some lines that are particularly crusty and had seized end fittings, wondering if I should replace like with like to keep the car original, or if switching all out for green coated would be more original.

Thanks,

Derek

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 05:42 AM