Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FS: SHELL SOLD _ still have Sheridan Widebody, Ronal/Gotti J55A's + more
Mwood
post Jun 21 2020, 09:15 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,509
Region Association: Northern California

its time to get rid of my subaru project.

I saved up and bought this car as a shell in highschool in much the same condition you see here. A very foolish purchase and a very foolish project, I got as far as having the engine in the car and cranking and went to college and got into motorcycles. then I crashed my R6 at thunder hill and quit those too but thats beside the point.

The shell is a '72 914-4 and is in tough shape, and is likely only good for patching other cars.
It had a terrible cage in it when I bought it, most of which I have cut out. I am not sure what the tubing is. I also foolishly cut out a massive hole for the celica radiator and most of the rear trunk. Thats pretty much all I did to it, the rest would have been bastardized by whoever raced the car before I bought it. PO also pie cut the windshield frame and bent it back 10 or 20 degrees. I got as far as re-cutting and bending it before I realized I'd have to buy a tig welder to patch the gaps.

The rest shell is, however, largely rust free with the exception of the hell hole and the seam where the rear trunk meets the taillight panel. The rear inner fenders, control arm brackets and rockers have reinforcement plates welded to them. see photos for details

the front suspension is just stock 914 boge stuff drilled for 5x130 porsche wheels.
the rear are bilsteins with pelican 180lb springs.

The shell is smog exempt, registered non-op in CA and owes no fees.

Shell is bought by another forum member glad we could keep it in the family

I will wait for a moderator to let me know if I should make a new thread in 914 parts to sell the rest of this stuff, or if they would like to move this thread over there.

the shell comes with a Sheridan Racing fibgerglass widebody kit consisting of hood, decklid with spoiler, rockers, a one-piece front bumper and fenders and rear fenders. It fits exceedingly well but needs some repairs. namely, the holes I cut for the turnsignals, one crack in the front lip that is visible in the photos because the primer has been sanded of, and the holes PO drilled for the weird rock crawler post-mounts in the decklid. the marks in the photos are scratches in the single layer black primer I put on the panels, not in the fiberglass. This kit originally sold for around $3800 and is no longer in production.

I also have a set of Gotti J55A wheels which I believe are 15x8 and 15x10. AFAIK these wheels were manufactured for Gotti by Ronal, they came with Ronal centercaps. sets commonly sell for $2000. The wheels have a brand new set of Dunlop SP sport 8000 tires. The wheels were sprayed Grey by PO. they are spotless.
I will get exact rim sizes and tires sizes next time I am at the house.

for obvious reasons, I want the shell gone first.
I wont part out any of the other bits until the shell is spoken for.

If you want just the shell its $300.
If you want the shell and the bodykit its $1500
If you want the shell, wheels and the bodykit they are $3000.

the first two photos in this album are when I had the car together and was attempting to start it. the rest are its current condition.

I will post the rest of my parts, including some body parts, some performance suspension and some other misc stuff when the shell sells.

PICTURES: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmNZtRHL

cheers
Mitch
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mwood
post Jun 21 2020, 09:23 PM
Post #2

Edit: the front calipers are BMW calipers I believe. The car is located in San Francisco. The shell wont come with the Personal fittipaldi steering wheel or the original MOMO hub for the price listed.
+Quote Post
Bruce Hinds
post Jun 21 2020, 09:31 PM
Post #3

V-8 madness

Member No.: 7,391
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Why would the front structure be removed between the torsion bar mounts . . . that's not good.
+Quote Post
Mwood
post Jun 21 2020, 09:51 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(Bruce Hinds @ Jun 21 2020, 07:31 PM) *

Why would the front structure be removed between the torsion bar mounts . . . that's not good.

a mistake on my part.
would need reinforcement if the hole was left intact.
+Quote Post
Mwood
post Jun 25 2020, 08:58 AM
Post #5

Bump. taking all offers for the shell alone. I'd like this gone soon. plenty of good metal left, suspension components and some wiring and odds and ends.
+Quote Post
Andyrew
post Jun 26 2020, 01:44 PM
Post #6

Spooling.... Please wait

Member No.: 172

Damn... Why do I want this so bad? I dont have any room but I know exactly what I would do with it...

If you end up wanting to scrap the shell let me know...
+Quote Post
Mwood
post Jun 28 2020, 11:06 AM
Post #7

QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jun 26 2020, 11:44 AM) *

Damn... Why do I want this so bad? I dont have any room but I know exactly what I would do with it...

If you end up wanting to scrap the shell let me know...

Sadly(or happily, for me), the shell has a buyer. I'm really curious to know but you were planning to do with it though..

Question for Mods: would you rather I made a new thread in 914 Parts to sell the rest of my gear now that the shell itself is gone? Or would you like to move this thread over there?
+Quote Post
Porsche Doc
post Jun 28 2020, 06:01 PM
Post #8

HillBilly Member

Member No.: 3,265
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Mwood @ Jun 21 2020, 11:15 PM) *

its time to get rid of my subaru project.

I saved up and bought this car as a shell in highschool in much the same condition you see here. A very foolish purchase and a very foolish project, I got as far as having the engine in the car and cranking and went to college and got into motorcycles. then I crashed my R6 at thunder hill and quit those too but thats beside the point.

The shell is a '72 914-4 and is in tough shape, and is likely only good for patching other cars.
It had a terrible cage in it when I bought it, most of which I have cut out. I am not sure what the tubing is. I also foolishly cut out a massive hole for the celica radiator and most of the rear trunk. Thats pretty much all I did to it, the rest would have been bastardized by whoever raced the car before I bought it. PO also pie cut the windshield frame and bent it back 10 or 20 degrees. I got as far as re-cutting and bending it before I realized I'd have to buy a tig welder to patch the gaps.

The rest shell is, however, largely rust free with the exception of the hell hole and the seam where the rear trunk meets the taillight panel. The rear inner fenders, control arm brackets and rockers have reinforcement plates welded to them. see photos for details

the front suspension is just stock 914 boge stuff drilled for 5x130 porsche wheels.
the rear are bilsteins with pelican 180lb springs.

The shell is smog exempt, registered non-op in CA and owes no fees.

Shell is bought by another forum member glad we could keep it in the family

I will wait for a moderator to let me know if I should make a new thread in 914 parts to sell the rest of this stuff, or if they would like to move this thread over there.

the shell comes with a Sheridan Racing fibgerglass widebody kit consisting of hood, decklid with spoiler, rockers, a one-piece front bumper and fenders and rear fenders. It fits exceedingly well but needs some repairs. namely, the holes I cut for the turnsignals, one crack in the front lip that is visible in the photos because the primer has been sanded of, and the holes PO drilled for the weird rock crawler post-mounts in the decklid. the marks in the photos are scratches in the single layer black primer I put on the panels, not in the fiberglass. This kit originally sold for around $3800 and is no longer in production.

I also have a set of Gotti J55A wheels which I believe are 15x8 and 15x10. AFAIK these wheels were manufactured for Gotti by Ronal, they came with Ronal centercaps. sets commonly sell for $2000. The wheels have a brand new set of Dunlop SP sport 8000 tires. The wheels were sprayed Grey by PO. they are spotless.
I will get exact rim sizes and tires sizes next time I am at the house.

for obvious reasons, I want the shell gone first.
I wont part out any of the other bits until the shell is spoken for.

If you want just the shell its $300.
If you want the shell and the bodykit its $1500
If you want the shell, wheels and the bodykit they are $3000.

the first two photos in this album are when I had the car together and was attempting to start it. the rest are its current condition.

I will post the rest of my parts, including some body parts, some performance suspension and some other misc stuff when the shell sells.

PICTURES: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmNZtRHL

cheers
Mitch

Is the Sheraton Ultimate Wide bodywork?
+Quote Post
Mwood
post Jun 28 2020, 11:31 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(Porsche Doc @ Jun 28 2020, 04:01 PM) *

QUOTE(Mwood @ Jun 21 2020, 11:15 PM) *

Is the Sheraton Ultimate Wide bodywork?

It is the Ultimate Widebody, yes.
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/live.staticflickr.com-15509-1593408675.1.jpg)IMG_2674 by Mitchell Wood, on Flickr

I updated the original Flickr album with more pictures that include the fibgerlass rear bumper which the previous owner cut in half. Also the rear lip that sits under the bumper. Here they are:

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmNZtRHL
+Quote Post
Mwood
post Jun 28 2020, 11:31 PM
Post #10

double post, sorry
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:55 AM