Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 1974 914 2.0 For Sale - Almost completely refurbished, Sunflower Yellow
dgraves
post Jun 24 2020, 12:48 PM
Post #1

1974 914 2.0

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,076
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

This 1974 Porsche 914 FI 2.0 has been largely refurbished and in very good condition. $26,500.

History - I bought the car in California in 2016, but I have no idea where it was before then. Based on the condition of the body, I would say it was in dry climates. Since owning the car, it has never been driven in the rain or wet conditions, and it has always been garaged.

Status at time of Acquisition
• I have no idea of the original miles. A previous owner replaced the stock 914 dash with a Getty 911 dash. I've put about 2500 miles on the car. This odometer now reads 16,330 miles.
• It had a center console, but has been removed and stored. This will be included in the sale.
• Originally, the color of the car was Zambezi Green, but at some point it was painted black…actually a pretty decent paint job. It appears that the car was stripped of almost everything and the engine removed for this paint job.
• The wheels were converted to a 5-lug wheel, albeit a less than stellar job.
• The car had very little surface rust and no serious rust to my knowledge. Even the battery hole and the jack hole areas are solid metal. There was one small hole beneath the driver seat but it has since been patched.
• I didn’t see any sign of accident damage. Overall, I was very pleased with the condition of the body.
Upgrades (Receipts of the following are included in a binder with purchase)
• Paint (Spring 2017) Because the car is so small, I wasn’t crazy about the black color. So, I decided to have it painted Porsche Sunflower Yellow (paint code L13K). The body was stripped of the following items before painting.
o All lights, mirrors, glass, bumpers, side rocker panels, interior carpet, seats, door panels, back-pad, and all rubber weatherstripping.
o The body was sanded, prepped, and primed. It was generally straight without body filler.
o The paint job is very good and still in excellent condition.
o The underside of the car was all stripped, primed, painted with black enamel, and then an undercoat.
• Exterior – All weatherstripping, except the triangle window seals, have been replaced with 914Rubber.com components. Just some of the seals include:
o All windows and door seals
o All targa top seals
o Engine pan seal, master brake pan seal, front and back trunk seals, light gaskets
• New front windshield
• Interior
o New carpeting from 914Rubber.com plus good condition Porsche black velour mats
o New Renegade Racing bucket seats from Renegaderacing.com
o All 911 gauges were refurbished by North Hollywood Speedometer in 2018. These include gas, oil temp and oil pressure, tachometer, speedometer, and clock. There is also a duel cluster of gauges directly under the dash for Voltmeter and Amps.
o Dash has no cracks.
o Door panels are in good shape. Minor flaws.
o Back pad is new.
• Engine
o Complete rebuild in early 2020 at 16000 miles with OEM parts. The work was performed by European Motors owner in Kalispell, MT. He has been specializing in Porsche, BMW, Volkswagen, and Mercedes for decades. The engine runs beautifully.
o Fuel Injection operates good. No work has been needed and none has been done.
• Transmission bushings have all been replaced. Transmission operates good, but not like new. Essentially, no problems.
• Clutch, no problems.
• Other new replacements are numerable. Here are just some.
o New 5-lug wheel conversions from PMB Performance.com
o New brake calipers from PMB Performance.com
o Brake master cylinder from 914Rubber.com
o Seat belts
o Fuel pump and filter at time of engine rebuild
o Dozens and dozens of stainless steel screws, washers, bolts, and nuts.

The car runs strong and reliable. I only drive it in the summer when the sun is out. Is it perfect? No, but if you are looking for a Porsche 914 in very good shape without having to worry about replacing a bunch of stuff. This is definitely a good choice. It is pretty tight and pampered.
Why am I selling it? I have too many toys and just don’t need them all. It’s been fun, but time to move on.

I have all receipts in a binder and available on purchase. Attached ImageAttached Image[attachmentid=749
890]Attached ImageAttached Image Attached Image Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image[attachmentid=749
899]Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image[attachmentid
=749893]Attached ImageAttached Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th July 2020 - 12:50 PM