Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sold the SC Hotrod but the 914 is a keeper
RickS
post Jun 30 2020, 10:46 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,880
Region Association: None

QUOTE(davehg @ Jun 30 2020, 06:48 PM) *

Bernie and I think you have your priorities about right, Rick.

But you could’ve at least called me to say you were selling.

Damn, Dave. Would have loved to keep it local, especially with a good friend. But with two 914s and all those nice bikes, how could you fit it in? Think it is in Montana heading east, so if you really hurry...

A couple of weeks ago you and your son were heading up Issaquah-Fall City road in your black GT when a skinny weasel on a road bike waved at you. Thank god you didn’t take aim and run me down!

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Amphicar770
post Jul 1 2020, 07:31 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 11,639
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I am with you 100%. I've owned many faster, "better" vehicles yet none provides more enjoyment or man to machine connection than the 914. I've bought and sold more cars than I can count over the years but the 914 is one of two "keepers".

I also get the image thing. When we are younger we tend to believe that high priced cars, etc. make us look cool or successful. As we get older we realize that often they make us look like an entitled, self-indulgent tool. When you drive a 911 people will often give you the finger, in the 914 they are more likely to give a thumbs up.

Spend your money as you wish. If you have been fortunate be thankful and realize that no matter what you think, that luck played a role and you almost certainly did not get there on your own. Same for the less fortunate, who some herecall POSs because they rely on social welfare instead of corporate and tax code welfare (like all the those who register their exoticars in Montana because they think only POS's should have to pay taxes).

+Quote Post
horizontally-opposed
post Jul 1 2020, 08:55 AM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Amphicar770 @ Jul 1 2020, 06:31 AM) *

I am with you 100%. I've owned many faster, "better" vehicles yet none provides more enjoyment or man to machine connection than the 914. I've bought and sold more cars than I can count over the years but the 914 is one of two "keepers".

So what's the other one—or is it a car/boat? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
campbellcj
post Jul 2 2020, 07:02 AM
Post #24

I can't Re Member

Member No.: 21
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Jun 30 2020, 07:53 AM) *

99.9% of my driving is in my $600 truck.

Same-ish. It's liberating as well as cheap to stick with my beater F150 for the majority of purposes. Pretty much 6 days a week now. I don't have to worry about it at all and it's dependable as heck. I see very little point anymore in taking a really nice car a few miles up the road thru the sea of clueless LA drivers so it can deteriorate in the sun, tree sap and bird crap of the office parking lot all day. Some of my work neighbors do that and I think it's (IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:45 AM