Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Looking for a 914 knowledgeable person in Murietta GA, Contact me if you have a couple hours to do a hired 914 look see
SFGreg
post Jul 3 2020, 02:11 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,643
Region Association: Northern California

I'm looking at a 914 in southern Marietta GA and would like to hear from a person with 914 experience willing to go view the car for me. Greg 925-247-4734. In other words, eyes and ears for hire - a couple of hours of your time. Thanks!

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
FJ1200
post Jul 3 2020, 04:13 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 22,751
Region Association: North East States

I assume you mean Marietta GA, if so then Auto Atlanta is in Marietta and is possibly the best knowledge resource for 914's in the eastern US. Call and talk to George Hussey. They perform all manners of service, restoration as well as a huge parts inventory.

Auto Atlanta 800-792-4944

Dan
+Quote Post
Chris914n6
post Jul 3 2020, 05:10 PM
Post #3

Jackstands are my life.

Member No.: 431
Region Association: Southwest Region

^^ It might be one of their cars he wants an unbiased opinion on. They have a habit of wearing rose colored glasses when it comes to value of some of their goods.

Not bashing them, just that some of their "perfect repro" hasn't been and the used sheetmetal they ship is the stuff nobody would buy in person.
+Quote Post
Coondog
post Jul 3 2020, 05:18 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 19,195
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(SFGreg @ Jul 3 2020, 01:11 PM) *

I'm looking at a 914 in southern Murietta GA and would like to hear from a person with 914 experience willing to go view the car for me. Greg 925-247-4734. In other words, eyes and ears for hire - a couple of hours of your time. Thanks!

What’s your budget and what year range. Lots of 914s sold here in Calif. We are a large group that will help you out. Plus shipping cost will be around $1200-1500

Call Rich at High Performance House in Redwood City. He may know of a local 914 for sale in your area.
+Quote Post
rgalla9146
post Jul 3 2020, 07:34 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,176
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Jul 3 2020, 07:10 PM) *

^^ It might be one of their cars he wants an unbiased opinion on. They have a habit of wearing rose colored glasses when it comes to value of some of their goods.

Not bashing them, just that some of their "perfect repro" hasn't been and the used sheetmetal they ship is the stuff nobody would buy in person.

Good approach. If the car in question is being sold at the 'world headquarters' bring you own expert.
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Jul 3 2020, 08:46 PM
Post #6

The rubber man

Member No.: 3,348
Region Association: None

Always a good idea to have an unbiased party check out your potential purchase.
+Quote Post
fiacra
post Jul 3 2020, 09:58 PM
Post #7

Person.Woman.Man.Camera.TV

Member No.: 22,920

What’s your budget and what year range. Lots of 914s sold here in Calif. We are a large group that will help you out. Plus shipping cost will be around $1200-1500

Call Rich at High Performance House in Redwood City. He may know of a local 914 for sale in your area.
[/quote]

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

Look local, and be patient. Probably going to find a better car here in California in terms of rust. Looking for a project, or a well sorted example? I'm also in Richmond, in East Richmond Heights, and I've seen a few of both that have sold in our area recently. Let me know what you are looking for, a rough budget, and I'll keep an eye out, as I'm sure others will be happy to do as well. Fell free to PM me with with details if you wish.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
ibmiked
post Jul 4 2020, 05:47 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 13,198
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(SFGreg @ Jul 3 2020, 04:11 PM) *

I'm looking at a 914 in southern Murietta GA and would like to hear from a person with 914 experience willing to go view the car for me. Greg 925-247-4734. In other words, eyes and ears for hire - a couple of hours of your time. Thanks!

Contact Mike Eberhardt at Vintage Racing Co. They specialize in early Porsches and he will give you an honest assessment of the car. They also race a Brumos 914 in HSR. They know their stuff and have rebuilt several of my vintage Porsches including my 914.

Vintage Racing Co.
5114 Performance Dr.
Cumming GA 30040
michael.eberhardt@vintageracingco.com
+Quote Post
SFGreg
post Jul 4 2020, 04:39 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 23,643

Hi Dan,
Thanks. I was thinking of someone on the restore-diagnosis-repair side of the equation. As someone below mentions. I'll edit my ad. Thanks for taking the time to respond.
Greg

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:07 PM