Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

20 Pages V « < 16 17 18 19 20 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> West Coast Ramble (WCR) 2020, ..... let's do it! November 5-8
flat4guy
post Nov 8 2020, 06:10 PM
Post #341

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,484
Region Association: Northern California

Attached Image Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image[attachmentid=768
099]Attached Image

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
flat4guy
post Nov 8 2020, 06:14 PM
Post #342

Attached Image Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image[attachmentid=768
105]

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Michael N
post Nov 8 2020, 08:05 PM
Post #343

Certifiable

Member No.: 2,164

A few from Saturday....

Attached Image

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Michael N
post Nov 8 2020, 08:13 PM
Post #344

Certifiable

More...

Attached Image

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Michael N
post Nov 8 2020, 08:23 PM
Post #345

Certifiable

Attached Image
+Quote Post
914-300Hemi
post Nov 8 2020, 08:34 PM
Post #346

Member No.: 6,794
Region Association: Southern California

Got home safely put 1,250 miles on the 911. We had a wonderful time and thank you for putting it together. On our way back we stopped at San Francisco and visited Michelle’s parents at Presido cemetery and then had a wonderful lunch in Monterey.

It was great to see everyone and meet new people.

I will post pictures later.
+Quote Post
strawman
post Nov 8 2020, 08:45 PM
Post #347

Member No.: 8,624
Region Association: Central California

I've attended several WCRs over the years, but this was my first where I actually drove my 914. Needless to say, it was the best one so far for me! I took hardly any pictures, since I spent most of my time talking with my some new and many long-time 914 friends, so most of the pics below are from Nancy's iPhone.

First pic is of my beast hooked up to the motorhome. Due to COVID-19, we decided to provide some space by staying at the nearby KOA. I really missed hangin' with everyone at Motel 6, but this was the only way that my wife Nancy would come along and we enjoyed ourselves immensely.

Attached Image

Cali914 is building an Ecotec-powered monster, so we had a great time chatting about our modifications. I look forward to seeing his car soon.

Attached Image

The first day's drive was great, and I really enjoyed watching DANNYMAC flog is original 20k mile car right in front of me! The pic below is in the trees somewhere in the Sonoma mountains.

Attached Image

The day ended at Bear Republic Brewery in Santa Rosa. It was great to see that, despite some pretty rough roads and some great twisties, all cars seemed to have made it unscathed. Here's a pic of the parking lot.

Attached Image

Next up is a vista point along Highway 1. Again, a great time to hang out, try to socially distance and talk about our cars. Below is a pic of me and my most-patient wife, who has supported me throughout my 11-year build (that is still far from "done").

Attached Image

Although there are many great pics above, and I can't wait to see Matt's drone shots, I thought I would add one that I really like.

Attached Image

Thanks to everyone who helped set up this great event. I can't wait to move my car to the next phase over the winter! Now I'm off to update my build blog...
+Quote Post
flat4guy
post Nov 8 2020, 08:49 PM
Post #348

A few more .......Attached Image Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image[attachmentid=768
152]Attached Image

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Retroracer
post Nov 8 2020, 09:25 PM
Post #349

Member No.: 16,100
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

some phone pics for the weekend. Great crowd, great driving roads:

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

- Tony
+Quote Post
RoadGlue
post Nov 8 2020, 09:33 PM
Post #350

Sonoma County Gear Head

Group: Admin
Member No.: 108

Good seeing a lot of you on Friday. I'm dealing with some pain issues and couldn't make it all day Saturday, though I did run out to the river late morning yesterday and ran into a few of you in Guerneville. We had a small caravan over the Bohemian Hwy and then down to Freestone.

I shot a little bit of video at the ranch on Friday using the big camera and gimbal -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFIdhUcf870 - Just 30 seconds of footage, but for those of you that got a little lost I think you'll get it! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

This video is 4:30 long, but it's pretty ho-hum GoPro footage. I didn't have the suction cup mount with me, so I was limited on angles. Anyway, here ya go -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kITJyOuEKvk

Thanks to everyone that made this happen.

Hope to see everyone next year,

Randy
+Quote Post
PotterPorsche
post Nov 8 2020, 09:47 PM
Post #351

Member No.: 16,628
Region Association: None

Thanks for letting. Me and lawrence tag along with the 58ghia and the 56oval window bug. You guys making me miss my 914!!!!

Here are a few shots I took

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
JRust
post Nov 9 2020, 01:03 AM
Post #352

914 Guru

Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Me once I finally got to Reno about 11:30. Got stuck waiting for them to open the pass without chains. Talk about crazy. 4wd has always counted for me in Oregon. Guy told me I not only needed them on my truck. I needed them on the rear wheels of my car I was towing as well (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) . My other option was waiting for them to open it up without chains. So I sat there for an hour waiting for that. Then drive super slow over the pass. Apparently nobody there drives in the snow or something. ARGH anyway take a look at the mess that is my car. I think it is even worse now sitting in my garage. I'll have to take another picture tomorrow before I clean it up. Well my 2 1/2 detour to Reno ended up taking like 6. Took me just under 9 hours to drive down for WCR. I left about 6 am this morning & got home about 10:30 tonight. After Reno had plenty of slow icy snowy roads getting back to I5. Man what a long flipping day

Having reported I am home safe. Thank you to all the organizers. Really was a fun weekend & great to see everyone

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Nov 9 2020, 07:18 AM
Post #353

Michael

Member No.: 9,712

@JRust - Wow, that is just crazy that it took that long for you to get home and your car is pretty dirty. It was great meeting you and thanks for giving my bro a ride back to the Motel 6 Friday night. He liked your car a lot. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
tygaboy
post Nov 9 2020, 09:28 AM
Post #354

914 Guru

Member No.: 19,241

@JRust - Geez, when we said we hoped everyone had a blast, that's not what we had in mind! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
Fingers crossed all that washes off and you're good to go.
Great to finally meet you and happy to hear you're safely home.
+Quote Post
Steve
post Nov 9 2020, 09:49 AM
Post #355

914 Guru

Member No.: 822

Awesome people, awesome event. Hats off to the organizers. The drives and views were amazing. Next time, can you fix all the pot holes on the roads?? Just kidding!! Loved the tight corners and views on Friday's run, but I thought my car was going to break apart on the pot holes!! Saturday's run through Bodega bay, was also amazing!! I gave my long distance award to Brandon since he did all the driving!! See you next year!!
+Quote Post
ValcoOscar
post Nov 9 2020, 10:39 AM
Post #356

Garage Life

Member No.: 16,669

QUOTE(Steve @ Nov 9 2020, 07:49 AM) *

Awesome people, awesome event. Hats off to the organizers. The drives and views were amazing. Next time, can you fix all the pot holes on the roads?? Just kidding!! Loved the tight corners and views on Friday's run, but I thought my car was going to break apart on the pot holes!! Saturday's run through Bodega bay, was also amazing!! I gave my long distance award to Brandon since he did all the driving!! See you next year!!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif)

Steve and his co-pilot, or the other way around.

Oscar

Attached Image
+Quote Post
BuddyV
post Nov 9 2020, 10:41 AM
Post #357

Robert

Member No.: 3,898

.... the pot holes were there on purpose... think of it less like a drive, and more like an autocross course.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)
+Quote Post
ValcoOscar
post Nov 9 2020, 10:51 AM
Post #358

Garage Life

Member No.: 16,669

Attached Image

In my haste I forgot to pack and bring up some swag. Some nice stuff from, key fobs, T Shirts, Canvas Bags, Ball Caps, tool pouches, leather coasters, ladies canvas bags and tote bags.
So all attendees ,please PM me, I’ll do my best to distribute fairly.
All PM’s must be received by this Thursday, 11/12 so I can ship by Friday.
Items are FREE (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) , shipping in NOT.
ATTENDEES ONLY!!!!!
Oscar
+Quote Post
Maltese Falcon
post Nov 9 2020, 11:47 AM
Post #359

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,755
Region Association: None

QUOTE(JRust @ Nov 8 2020, 11:03 PM) *

Me once I finally got to Reno about 11:30. Got stuck waiting for them to open the pass without chains. Talk about crazy. 4wd has always counted for me in Oregon. Guy told me I not only needed them on my truck. I needed them on the rear wheels of my car I was towing as well (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) . My other option was waiting for them to open it up without chains. So I sat there for an hour waiting for that. Then drive super slow over the pass. Apparently nobody there drives in the snow or something. ARGH anyway take a look at the mess that is my car. I think it is even worse now sitting in my garage. I'll have to take another picture tomorrow before I clean it up. Well my 2 1/2 detour to Reno ended up taking like 6. Took me just under 9 hours to drive down for WCR. I left about 6 am this morning & got home about 10:30 tonight. After Reno had plenty of slow icy snowy roads getting back to I5. Man what a long flipping day

Having reported I am home safe. Thank you to all the organizers. Really was a fun weekend & great to see everyone

That IS a bitchin' pic...out in the Wild , love it !
+Quote Post
Steve
post Nov 9 2020, 12:58 PM
Post #360

914 Guru

Member No.: 822

QUOTE(BuddyV @ Nov 9 2020, 08:41 AM) *

.... the pot holes were there on purpose... think of it less like a drive, and more like an autocross course.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
Brandon did do an awesome job of navigating around the mine fields!!
Thanks again for an awesome event!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post

20 Pages V « < 16 17 18 19 20 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 11:58 PM