Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Low Idle Oil Pressure, Wanting to find out how easy it is to install Tangerine's oil pressure relief kit
Highland
post Sep 3 2020, 02:00 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,418
Region Association: Southern California

The engine is a fresh rebuilt 2056 stock D-jet engine running Brad Penn 10W40. Once the oil gets warm the idiot light comes on and the oil pressure gauge (electrical VDO) goes to almost nothing.

Thinking about trying Tangerine's Oil pressure relief valve:

http://www.tangerineracing.com/oilpressurerelief.htm

Is it pretty easy to install with the engine in the car? Does it slide in easily or does it need to be pressed into the bore?

The description says it bypasses the oil cooler so is the oil always going through the oil cooler even on cold start?

One more note. I misplaced the engine's original plunger and spring assembly so I bought a used one. I have since found the original spring and plunger. Just wondering if anyone thinks putting the original part back in will fix the problem. The original engine was built as a 1.7 and I don't recall it having this problem.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th May 2024 - 03:42 PM