Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Transmission Leak, Speedometer Sensor
sharper
post Sep 13 2020, 04:08 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 789
Region Association: South East States

I have a leak in my transmission that is coming from the speedometer sensor in my 915 transmission. I have the style in the pic because its been flipped for a 914. It was fine on the bench but starting doing this once I got it installed in the car. Currently the back end of the car is up so its tilted down towards the bell housing. I'm now on the hunt for a new o-ring (the ones I had were too thick) in hopes that stops it but was wondering about putting some gasket sealer on it as well for added protection. Any other ideas on this? I just replaced all other seals on this transmission and want to get this one stopped too.

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
sharper
post Sep 17 2020, 09:32 AM
Post #2

Anyone have any thoughts on this?
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Sep 18 2020, 07:57 AM
Post #3

The rubber man

Member No.: 3,348
Region Association: None

Well,
I suspect it's a issue similar to the one we made the cable drive bushings for. We added an extra o ring to help seal it. I do have a selection of viton o-rings, what size do you need?

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
sharper
post Sep 18 2020, 03:47 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Sep 18 2020, 09:57 AM) *

Well,
I suspect it's a issue similar to the one we made the cable drive bushings for. We added an extra o ring to help seal it. I do have a selection of viton o-rings, what size do you need?

The green one on the left is the one that came off the sensor. I didn't have any luck at auto parts stores but found the black one in the plumbing department at Home Depot. Its dimensions are 9/16" O.D x 7/16" I.D. x 1/16" but could not get the sensor to push into the transmission case when using it. The green one looks like it is just slightly thinner and I guess that makes all the difference in the world.Attached Image
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th June 2024 - 07:28 PM