Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Rotisserie Build Ideas
808 WRX
post Sep 22 2020, 12:16 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,349
Region Association: Northern California

I picked up a '75 roller a few months ago. Its a decent shell but I need to replace the rear half of the floor pans, the bottom edge of the inner and outer firewall and get a better look at the longs. The longs look pretty good from the outside, but of course there is a hole under the battery tray so time will tell.

I'm planning to build a rotisserie and wanted to run my idea by some more experienced folks. Honestly, supporting the car from the ends via the bumper mounts scares me, so I'm going to make one similar to the one by restoration design with the two hoops. The difference being that I would essentially build a rectangular cart on wheels that would mount to the front suspension area and either the rear suspension or the transmission crossmember. I would then bolt the hoops to the cart. The main benefit being that the cart would add structural rigidity to the body by reducing the twisting/bending forces. I would still use adjustable bracing from the upper seatbelt bolt towards the front of the car to keep the door gaps/targa top dimensions in spec.

Has anyone done something like this? Is it worth the extra effort? How much space should I leave between the cart and the bottom of the car (about 8")? I'm thinking rectangular tubing, can I get away with 1.5" x 3" or smaller/larger?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/sawzall-smiley.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 05:35 PM