Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Winking, Blinking, and Nothing, 71 Blinker Issues
forrestkhaag
post Sep 28 2020, 02:33 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,273
Region Association: Southwest Region

Since acquisition, my 71 blinker switch has had iss iss issues. The left left left sideside works as designed - that is when the lever is held slightly down, it blinks and when pushed down to engage the hands free mode, it blinks until the wheel travels to release it. In this rare case, the left is correct and works fine. On the other side of the equation, the right is not right at all - a rare condition indeed. The right side blinker function only works if held slightly down in pressure and if fully engaged, the blinker is not even winking - much less blinking - nothing.

The simple fix would be to buy an aftermarket switch if such a thing exists. Second to that, if someone has such a thing as fully functioning early switch, I would buy it and attempt to install it.Lastly, my Pal Bruce Stone relayed to me years ago, how to tweak the existing switch but as usual, memory fails me as to the process and I didnt write it down.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 11:41 AM