Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Ignition issue, Electrical problem help sought
Bob67
post Oct 4 2020, 10:21 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,770
Region Association: England

Help request with electrical problem
I have an intermittent problem with my ignition on my 1972 2.0l which is undergoing a complete restoration. Fuel injection has been replaced with twin carbs

Sometime it starts OK and then next time will fail to start on crank

Turn Ignition on so oil and ign light comes on OK and then when you crank it looses all power ie no starter crank and dials for volts, temp etc all loose complete power light as if something is grounding out the circuit

Fitted and new ignition switch and same issue. The car does start when hot wired using wires directly into black mail connection block without ignition switch

The head lamps, indicators, hazzard all etc work OK but horn , fog lamps and interior light doors switches do not ( although interior light does work OK and the door switch do appear to work properly)

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 06:46 AM