Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 1974 914 2.0 LE Bumblebee
billh1963
post Oct 4 2020, 11:16 AM
Post #1

Car Hoarder!

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,871
Region Association: South East States

I've decided to sell my Bumblebee. I've got way too many cars and there's no way I'll get to this one any time soon.

Bought the car two years ago from a lady who had owned the car since 1986. The car was purchased from Doc's garage in Lexington, SC. There is some paperwork on maintenance history from the time the car was purchased until I bought it.

The car is a documented LE CanAm edition. Please look at these threads and read them first. Don't ask the same questions over and over...

Bumblebee Thread 1

Bumblebee Thread 2

Looked at the car today and it's more solid than I remember. Both trunks are excellent, Hell hole is crusty but pretty damn good. Looks like original battery tray. Floor pans are beautifully solid and unbent from what I saw. I believe the paint from the doors back may be original. Someone who knows paint better than me can probably tell. Current mileage is 57K and may very well be original.

Rocker panels are fiberglass and rivetted on. Thank

I believe you can buff out the paint and use it as is for a LONG time. It looks pretty good.

Car is not running. It ran when I drove it on the trailer but fuel pump is not coming on now. I believe the connection needs cleaning. But, who knows. I don't intend to mess with it.

I'm not going to tell everyone what you already know. These cars are very rare and Jeff's website gives the story. Included is the Porsche Production Specification (old CoA). I also have a spare Mahle wheel I will include for the spare.

I have the title. Come see it and make an offer.

Link to pictures of bumblebee
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
billh1963
post Oct 5 2020, 04:32 PM
Post #2

Car Hoarder!

Took rockers off and the longs are perfect. I did find some rust at the back corner of the pan (see pictures). Poked and prodded hell hole with a screwdriver and tested as much as I could considering the ECU is in the way. Could not find or make a hole in the "hell hole" area. Not saying someone couldn't find one or make one...but, I couldn't.

Pictures have been added to the google link in the original post.
+Quote Post
racingredsc
post Oct 28 2020, 09:12 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 15,762

I left you a voice mail. I'm in Irmo.
+Quote Post
billh1963
post Oct 26 2021, 08:18 AM
Post #4

Car Hoarder!

Still available
+Quote Post
JamesM
post Oct 26 2021, 10:01 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 5,834
Region Association: Intermountain Region

Looking at your pictures im noticing something interesting in that the center inserts of the seats on this car are TAN.

This is interesting because I have a bumblebee VERY close in VIN to this one that also came to me with multi-colored seats like this. However my COA also states black leatherette interior. Granted it could just be a coincidence, it just seem odd that two cars so close in production number would have been modified in the same way by POs with a mod I have not see on any other 914 before. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

@JeffBowlsby you ever seen/heard of anything like this before or is it just an odd coincidence?

+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Oct 26 2021, 10:25 AM
Post #6

914 Wiring Harnesses

Member No.: 104
Region Association: None

100% coincidence.
+Quote Post
JamesM
post Oct 26 2021, 11:24 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 5,834
Region Association: Intermountain Region

QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Oct 26 2021, 08:25 AM) *

100% coincidence.

Ill be taking mine back to factory, but TBH I like the look, feel like it breaks up the blackness while staying with the bumblebee two tone theme. The fact that these cars are sequentially so close makes me wonder if maybe they hit the same dealer and were modified there? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) IDK, wish i had more on the ownership history.

Anyways, this is side tracking your classified ad here.

GLWTS this one looks to be pretty solid.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:31 AM