Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I love to top. Some say I top too much., current topic: sourcing targa top seal track
eric9144
post Dec 16 2020, 01:11 PM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,876
Region Association: Southern California

Got the roof texture and color right after the 4th attempt (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Was harder to get the texture dialed in than I expected, had to be thined down a bunch and then knocked down at the end slightly to get it right.

Ordered up new rubber and a headliner from 914rubber on black Friday as well as latch HW and screws from Bruce Stone, should have the roof back this coming weekend (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif)

Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
johnhora
post Dec 16 2020, 02:02 PM
Post #42

Member No.: 107
Region Association: None

Eric...that looks great!
+Quote Post
Retroracer
post Dec 16 2020, 07:31 PM
Post #43

Member No.: 16,100
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(ahycaramba @ Oct 22 2020, 05:29 PM) *

How much heat and cold transmits through the roof top? I was contemplating using Noico 150 mil insulation padding under the headliner material.

I was running just a bare shell in the GT replica. but was noticing much heat transfer in hot CA sun. Given that most of the miles in are on the road, not the track, I decided to add some insulation.

I ordered a headliner piece from 914rubber, but prior to gluing it in, put in a layer of Dynaliner (.25" thick), which is a closed cell foam heat insulation product. It comes with a self adhesive backing and can be cut to shape easily. Worked a treat and hides under the factory looking living material nicely.

No data on surface temp differential numbers to hand, but a few times this summer the temp difference between inside and outside targa temps was easily felt. FYI,

- Tony

PS. Was interested to learn on this thread that the early/late tops are tied into the early/late doors & window winders. Think I may have the wrong top type on now (which may explain the generous window gaps...!)
+Quote Post
ahycaramba
post Dec 18 2020, 07:35 PM
Post #44

“I live my life a quarter mile at a time.”

Member No.: 18,534

QUOTE(Retroracer @ Dec 16 2020, 05:31 PM) *

QUOTE(ahycaramba @ Oct 22 2020, 05:29 PM) *

How much heat and cold transmits through the roof top? I was contemplating using Noico 150 mil insulation padding under the headliner material.

I was running just a bare shell in the GT replica. but was noticing much heat transfer in hot CA sun. Given that most of the miles in are on the road, not the track, I decided to add some insulation.

I ordered a headliner piece from 914rubber, but prior to gluing it in, put in a layer of Dynaliner (.25" thick), which is a closed cell foam heat insulation product. It comes with a self adhesive backing and can be cut to shape easily. Worked a treat and hides under the factory looking living material nicely.

No data on surface temp differential numbers to hand, but a few times this summer the temp difference between inside and outside targa temps was easily felt. FYI,

- Tony

PS. Was interested to learn on this thread that the early/late tops are tied into the early/late doors & window winders. Think I may have the wrong top type on now (which may explain the generous window gaps...!)

Thanks Tony for answering to my question about insulation to the top. I'll definatly follow suite. I'll be running without ac and heat for a while so I have to do everything I can to make it as comfortable as possible.

+Quote Post
ahycaramba
post Dec 18 2020, 07:40 PM
Post #45

“I live my life a quarter mile at a time.”

Member No.: 18,534

Does anybody know where I can source a nice pair of horizontal targa top track to top of window seals?

Thanks in advance.
Al
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:21 AM