Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Race Car Resurrection, Sequence
jfort
post Oct 13 2020, 02:01 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 652
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Jay Kjoller, a long-time builder and racer, bought a vintage 914 race car in PA. I like to think he liked what he did for my six so much that he had to make one for himself. Anyway, I am going to go halves with him. I am too scared to take my factory six on the track so this is a wonderful opportunity to help with the build and to get instruction from a good driver.

Jay is meticulous beyond description. At Mosport last year the inspectors said his IMSA GTU Porsche was the best prepared car they'd seen. He finished the 24-hour Daytona in it. I helped him rebuild my 2.7 for the six and it was like watching surgery. I am very lucky.

First, a perfectly flat and level surface is achieved with I beams.

Attached Image

Jay consults with his long-time collaborator, Jay O'Connell. Info on him:

Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing Technical Director Jay O'Connell will serve as Online Engineering Instructor for the next three weeks. An accomplished vehicle design and chassis development engineer whose expertise has been employed in Formula 1, INDYCAR and sports car racing over the past 15 years, O'Connell will offer advice on a broad range of technical matters.

The cage is going to be changed so we can have two seats. Note the scars from previous configurations.

Fuel cell, oil tank and oil cooler will be located up front. Engine will be 2.5, crank fired, twin spark, like my 2.7 and his other two race cars.

Attached Image

Attached Image

Engine mount. It will be a lot easier to insert engine than the factory set up.

Attached Image ]

Suspensions removed

Attached Image

Attached Image

More later.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
GregAmy
post Oct 13 2020, 02:23 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 15,565
Region Association: North East States

Here for a <thumbs up>

Jay's a super nice guy; he and I talked on teh phone a few weeks ago about racing. We eventually had to stop as it was getting late...lol.
+Quote Post
stownsen914
post Oct 14 2020, 10:23 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 6,985
Region Association: None

I remember Jay from when he raced in IMSA years ago. He did a lot of development on that car (which I understand is now back with him).

Is the 914 the old Rost car?
+Quote Post
scootergt3
post Mar 6 2021, 06:48 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 16,413
Region Association: None

QUOTE(stownsen914 @ Oct 14 2020, 08:23 AM) *

I remember Jay from when he raced in IMSA years ago. He did a lot of development on that car (which I understand is now back with him).

Is the 914 the old Rost car?

Yeah, that looks like bobs old car. I went and looked at it two years ago. I passed on it as he was asking way to much. hope a good deal was made.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:48 AM