Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Strange Electrical Problem, everything kinda works.
YksKrad
post Jul 14 2005, 11:06 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,602
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Okay this is very strange to me.

My battery completely drained about a week ago because I left my running lights on in the garage and didn't come back for 4 days from camping.

Now the strange part. I used this as a reason to by an Orbital battery, and when I tried to turn on my 914 I didn't get that delightfull hum of my electric fuel pump and my starter did nothing.
okay so now I'm pissed because electrical anything isn't my strong point. Last time I have to do wireing of anything I ended up with a burnt thumb.

So I decide to see what else is working/not working.

I flip my left blinker on. The signal comes on but doesn't blink.... I do the same with the right with the same result... it comes on but doesn't blink. I try the hazzrds and they do the same thing. I turn the radio on. It's face lights come on and the speakers crackel as it gets power, but it doesn't play music?
I try my lights... The running lights come on, but my headlights won't come up.

I scanned my fuses and didn't see any missing/burnt Though I should prolley check again.

This pisses me off because I just got the damn thing running like a top (a slightly rich top, but a top non the less) and then this happens, and once again the thing is sitting in the garage.

More info on the car.
It's a 76 with a 2.0 converted from FI to a single weber carb with an electric fuel pump.
Any help/sympathy is appreciated. I am by no means a mechanic and have no clue where to start looking for the problem(s) let allone fixing them.

Once again thank you all
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
YksKrad   Strange Electrical Problem   Jul 14 2005, 11:06 AM
94teener   Things I wonder about: 1) Does the Orbital batter...   Jul 14 2005, 12:28 PM
YksKrad   Yes, on Both I think the starter wire grounded ou...   Jul 14 2005, 09:33 PM
Rand     Jul 14 2005, 11:49 PM
YksKrad   Thank you, I'll try that, but I don't thin...   Jul 15 2005, 08:19 AM
redshift   No no no no no no... stop thinking. ...   Jul 15 2005, 09:02 AM
McMark   Lets keep it simple. Are you sure the Orbital is ...   Jul 15 2005, 09:55 AM
YksKrad   I have it disconnected ATM so I don't drain th...   Jul 15 2005, 10:00 AM
cooltimes   <...   Jul 15 2005, 12:18 PM
lapuwali   <...   Jul 15 2005, 12:32 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 06:21 PM