Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914 interior fashion, RS Inner door handle a maybe.
eric9144
post Oct 22 2020, 08:39 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,876
Region Association: Southern California

@Maltese Falcon did you make or buy the shorty window cranks? I need those (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Can't unroll past the cage with the doors shut (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Maltese Falcon
post Oct 23 2020, 10:17 AM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,755
Region Association: None

QUOTE(eric9144 @ Oct 22 2020, 07:39 PM) *

@Maltese Falcon did you make or buy the shorty window cranks? I need those (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Can't unroll past the cage with the doors shut (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

Nope...I don't mfg / or sell these, but not hard to build;
Just take a couple of these (same as beetle or vanagon) , drill out the small rivet at the round knob. Remove the vinyl cover off of the handle (not reused). Measure where you will need the knob for roll bar clearence then bandsaw the Metal stem and deburr. Center punch the stem, drill a small hole / for a small screw , nut and washer, loctite.
I think that some of the VW knobs had a pop-out plastic disc...makes it easier to set the new hardware in the handle. Otherwise you will need to drill a small hole through the knob to do this.
I painted the assembly with satin black Krylon, and a bit tricky to spin>>but they work !
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:17 PM