Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 1974 for Auction on 10/23 in PA, No affiliation - just happened to see it while driving today
sfrenck
post Oct 20 2020, 10:48 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,411
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

914 Auction

Passenger long looked like it had some welding done to it. Front suspension may be toast as it looked like the passenger front wheel was sitting at an odd angle.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
dt4
post Oct 20 2020, 10:59 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 23,161
Region Association: England

QUOTE(sfrenck @ Oct 20 2020, 05:48 PM) *

914 Auction

Passenger long looked like it had some welding done to it. Front suspension may be toast as it looked like the passenger front wheel was sitting at an odd angle.

That is a horrible looking thing, each to their own I guess but I dont like that at all
+Quote Post
dlindzey
post Oct 20 2020, 04:24 PM
Post #3

repeat offender

Member No.: 17,226
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(dt4 @ Oct 20 2020, 11:59 AM) *

QUOTE(sfrenck @ Oct 20 2020, 05:48 PM) *

914 Auction

That is a horrible looking thing, each to their own I guess but I dont like that at all

i think Jethro from the Beverly Hillbillies owned this car.
+Quote Post
sfrenck
post Oct 20 2020, 04:45 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 11,411
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Agree it looks bad, but it is a 2.0L and has 5 lug wheels. All about the winning price I suppose (I'm not bidding)
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Oct 21 2020, 08:40 AM
Post #5

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106
Region Association: South East States

call me crazy , but i dont think it looks that bad, i kind of like it. If you are not trying to look at it thru the lens of a completely stock 914. I am not a big fan of cutting off the front and doing the slant nose thing like a 911 slant nose but, it actually looks like they did a pretty good job from a distance anyway, so for $2-3K i would buy it, probably clean up the inside and motor and auto cross it . it would have been better if they did the speedster humps like a spyder but this seems more appropriate for a 914, and the top looks like its just set there for some weather protection under the cover, but i doubt you are driving around with it on there like that so imagine how it might look with that off of it, so yea, i would buy it if i were closer and the price were right - but first, lets see the floors and longs.........
+Quote Post
zprovo
post Oct 22 2020, 06:47 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 24,697
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Oct 21 2020, 09:40 AM) *

call me crazy , but i dont think it looks that bad, i kind of like it. If you are not trying to look at it thru the lens of a completely stock 914. I am not a big fan of cutting off the front and doing the slant nose thing like a 911 slant nose but, it actually looks like they did a pretty good job from a distance anyway, so for $2-3K i would buy it, probably clean up the inside and motor and auto cross it . it would have been better if they did the speedster humps like a spyder but this seems more appropriate for a 914, and the top looks like its just set there for some weather protection under the cover, but i doubt you are driving around with it on there like that so imagine how it might look with that off of it, so yea, i would buy it if i were closer and the price were right - but first, lets see the floors and longs.........

I agree! If you take 914 out of the equation, it's a very good looking, well proportioned car. IMO
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 03:52 AM