Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WTB 2056 kit or complete engine
william1764
post Oct 22 2020, 02:38 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,717
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Considering rebuilding my 2.0 to a 2056 or replacing engine with quality 2056 build already completed. Where can I find list of parts/work involved in a 2056 build? Thanks in advance!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post Oct 23 2020, 01:21 PM
Post #2

bdstone914

Member No.: 1,319

QUOTE(william1764 @ Oct 22 2020, 01:38 PM) *

Considering rebuilding my 2.0 to a 2056 or replacing engine with quality 2056 build already completed. Where can I find list of parts/work involved in a 2056 build? Thanks in advance!

All you need is a set of 96mm barrels and pistons.
+Quote Post
Al Meredith
post Oct 23 2020, 03:16 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 3,061

I'm just about to start building a 2056. I have everything needed but the pistons. I have a brand new in the box set of AMC European heads done by Len Hoffman . They have 2.0L valves (42X36) SS valves , HD springs, Chrome molly retainers . The difference with these heads is that were made from 1.8 castings and have a 1.8L sparkplug location. They would take 1.7/1.8 Tin. I have a polished STD /STD crank and rebushed rods that are matched weight. I have 4 German barrels bored to 96 MM . I have a cam stamped "weber 76" We degreed it to be 233 deg at .50 with a lift or .400 ,lobe CL at 106.5. This is the same as a Webcam #86. Needles to mention I have cases , coolers , oil pumps , nuts /bolts . everything you need to build from scratch . Here is another Idea, I have a rebuilt 1.7 on my engine run up stand now. I'll sell it for $1000 as a short block and you could install it in your car while you rebuild the original . It's OK to call me if you want to discuss . AL Meredith 770-616-3767
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post Oct 23 2020, 07:18 PM
Post #4

bdstone914

Member No.: 1,319

Dupe post
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:28 PM