Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I need bodies and Sponsorship, Crow Mountain Hill Climb
Brett W
post Jul 14 2005, 08:41 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,169
Region Association: None

http://www.crowmountainhillclimb.org/

Alright, As my region is putting this event on, we need help. I need any 914 owner in the southeast to come up and help out. Anyone that can please come up and help me with this deal. If my race car is not finished then I will be working a corner or some other area during the event. This is the first year for a great event that could become a national caliber event.

If anyone out there has any corporate connections your help would be greatly appreciated. Your company logo could be visible to 45,000 people if you are a title sponsor.

We are expecting some really exciting cars to this event. There will be a major custom one off 914 V8 there if I have anything to say about it.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
drew365
post Jul 14 2005, 08:52 PM
Post #2

These are the good old days!

Member No.: 37

Looks pretty interesting. How many feet does the course climb from start to finish? Is there a return route so they don't have to shut the course down for cars to get back to the start? I love a good hillclimb. Good luck.
We used to have the participants take turns working the corners at the Virginia City Hillclimb, but the time it took to shut down the course and bus people back and forth for a shift change really cut into the track time so we hired a local ham radio club to do the job. They brought their own communications and were really into it so it worked out pretty good.
+Quote Post
Jake Raby
post Jul 14 2005, 09:17 PM
Post #3

Engine Surgeon

Member No.: 1,095
Region Association: South East States

I just finished a 2739cc engine for a Rally 912E, the customer is looking to attend all the hill climbs he can, including Pikes Peak....

When is this??
+Quote Post
Brett W
post Jul 14 2005, 10:57 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

There is no return road. We will have to shut down runs to allow cars to return. It will probably be done on per class basis. Not sure the logistics yet. I am not sure how much of an elevation change, I would guess something on the order of 1000+ feet. Check out the video. I have run the hill in my street car and hit close to 90 going up the straight at the top. It will be a hairy course.

Jake, this is an asphalt hill climb and it will be held on OCT 1 and 2. You should ride over as it is only a couple of hours away from you.
+Quote Post
Brett W
post Jul 14 2005, 10:58 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

There is no return road. We will have to shut down runs to allow cars to return. It will probably be done on per class basis. Not sure the logistics yet. I am not sure how much of an elevation change, I would guess something on the order of 1000+ feet. Check out the video. I have run the hill in my street car and hit close to 90 going up the straight at the top. It will be a hairy course.

Jake, this is an asphalt hill climb and it will be held on OCT 1 and 2. You should ride over as it is only a couple of hours away from you.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 08:00 PM