Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HSR West race at Willow Springs
slivel
post Nov 5 2020, 03:51 PM
Post #1

Old car....... older driver

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,332
Region Association: Southern California

I've been laid up for weeks with back and leg pain- still undiagnosed so I've been looking at some of my race videos to take my mind off the pain. I found this one from 2012 and thought that some might enjoy seeing a 914 kick some butt against some really cool vintage cars, Corvettes, Cobra Sunbeam Tiger, 911's, 914's, 240z's and more. I had some problem that I don't recall and missed qualifying so I started DFL. It is fun to move up through the field.

Backstory: I've retired from racing after 23 years. Many great memories but the logistics were getting to be too much and I wanted to leave before the young guys would refer to me as "that guy". Nobody wants to be "that guy". Now I converted the race car into a street hotrod so I can still enjoy some canyon carving or cars and coffee events.

Sadly the camera cut out 2 or 3 laps from the finish. But I took the checkered flag on this one. Good times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKCDuNX6KKg...eature=youtu.be

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
infraredcalvin
post Nov 5 2020, 04:37 PM
Post #2

Distracted Member

Member No.: 9,463

Nice driving, clocking mid 1:30s. Mind sharing your setup back then? Weight, engine, tires?
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
slivel
post Nov 5 2020, 04:53 PM
Post #3

QUOTE(infraredcalvin @ Nov 5 2020, 02:37 PM) *

Nice driving, clocking mid 1:30s. Mind sharing your setup back then? Weight, engine, tires?

Here is way more information than you asked for. The keys to the kingdom. Hoosier DOT race compound, never ran the autocross version which is softer.

Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
slivel
post Nov 5 2020, 04:59 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(infraredcalvin @ Nov 5 2020, 02:37 PM) *

In traffic probably Mid 130's. Clear track 32's and 33's. If everything was working well 31's. My personal best at Willow in that car was 30 and change - and that was with a 3 liter. Never achieved that pace with the 3.4. Probably because I was getting older and leaving a little margin on the table.
+Quote Post
infraredcalvin
post Nov 5 2020, 05:18 PM
Post #5

Distracted Member

Member No.: 9,463

Nice, and thanks! Trying to get data points as I don’t have much competition in my class with POC. I’ve got much less car though... it’s a narrow body with a tired 2.2 4cyl. I’d be lucky if I had 120 hp at the wheels...
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
mlindner
post Nov 26 2020, 06:45 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 13,770
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Wow that was fun Steve. Picking them off one by one, just a lot of fun. Could watch that all day long. Hope your feeling better. Safe holiday. Mark
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 11:01 PM