Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> loss of power and missing
-P-
post Jul 20 2003, 08:37 PM
Post #1

P-Factor

Group: Members
Member No.: 873

The last two days after the car has been driving for a bit it seems to miss and backfire when over 2500 RPMs. It seems to lose power and pops likes its backfiring. This happens after about 20 minutes of driving. Not sitting in traffic, jsut cruising from about 35 - 50mph. it idles perfect and feels about normal up until 2500RPM's. Even when its not under a lot of load at say 3000rpms it does this too, but is more prevelant when accelerating.

It has a fuel rail with a vdo fuel pressure gauge. My 1st thought would be the timing, but wouldnt that cause problems down low, and all the time? Maybe a fuel delivery issue? It has been hot down here lately, but it happened at night when it was cooler just a few moments ago.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TheCabinetmaker
post Jul 20 2003, 09:21 PM
Post #2

I drive my car everyday

Member No.: 666

Sounds like an ignition problem. check the dwell, plug wires, points, rotor and cap, & timing first. If all is oaky there, test the coil. make sure all electrical connections are tight and free from the dreaded corrosion.
+Quote Post
-P-
post Jul 20 2003, 09:46 PM
Post #3

P-Factor

Member No.: 873

QUOTE(vsg914 @ Jul 20 2003, 07:21 PM)
Sounds like an ignition problem. check the dwell, plug wires, points, rotor and cap, & timing first. If all is oaky there, test the coil. make sure all electrical connections are tight and free from the dreaded corrosion.

Thats what I was thinking. Everything looks to be in order connection wise. PLugs, wires, an cap all look new. I will check the dwell, rotor, and timing.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:47 PM