Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OT - Shopping for a CPO Macan., Advice? Experience? Warnings? Recommendations?
914-300Hemi
post Nov 21 2020, 09:35 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,794
Region Association: Southern California

Saw this Orange Macan GTS today. It was an 18 and has 23k and he paid 60k. It looked amazing. Supposedly only 2 exist in the US.

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Nov 21 2020, 09:38 PM
Post #22

The rubber man

Member No.: 3,348
Region Association: None

Looked into buying a GTS, that's the way I'd go if you are sold on this model of the platform.
I wound up buying a Q5 TDI as my daily as I'd be racking up lots of hay miles. Had the good fortune of picking one up for 22.5k 40k on it. And 37 might. Have 120k on it in 2 years. I did love the handling of the GTS, but the math convinced me
+Quote Post
digit3
post Nov 22 2020, 06:28 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 23,665
Region Association: Southwest Region

I've had both a Q5 and Macan GTS and IMHO there is no comparison. GTS is laid out so much better, has better seats, more features, is faster (my Q5 was not a TDI), has MUCH better and more intuitive instrumentation, and looks a hell of a lot better. I never drove the GTS in winter but I will say that Quattros have always been great in inclement weather.
+Quote Post
seanpaulmc
post Nov 26 2020, 11:12 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 20,649
Region Association: South East States

Does anyone here actually have a base level Macan with the 4-cyl 2.0L Turbo and will offer their opinion on driving and ownership? I'm curious what owner's think since the Macan is Porche's best selling car.

With 250 hp in the 4-cyl it should be fine as a daily driver / commuting car. Expensive choice, but nevertheless fine for a DD. I get that participating in a BBS like 914World means you are probably a car enthusiast and will likely choose the increased performance offered in a higher trim level. The next step up in the S gives a noticeable bump of 90 hp.

Again, curious what owners think about their base level Macans.

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving.
+Quote Post
Racer
post Nov 27 2020, 07:11 AM
Post #25

Member No.: 1,073
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(seanpaulmc @ Nov 26 2020, 12:12 PM) *

Does anyone here actually have a base level Macan with the 4-cyl 2.0L Turbo and will offer their opinion on driving and ownership? I'm curious what owner's think since the Macan is Porche's best selling car.

With 250 hp in the 4-cyl it should be fine as a daily driver / commuting car. Expensive choice, but nevertheless fine for a DD. I get that participating in a BBS like 914World means you are probably a car enthusiast and will likely choose the increased performance offered in a higher trim level. The next step up in the S gives a noticeable bump of 90 hp.

Again, curious what owners think about their base level Macans.

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving.

Not a Macan owner, but there is inherently nothing wrong with a "base" model, but we've been conditioned to think that the base is not worth it when there are S/GTS/Turbo models to choose from instead.

I know some reviewer remarked that the 90lbs less on the front axle of the base model does impart some additional sharpness when cornering. But I imagine that is easily overcome by the larger wheels/tires of the upper models from a "g force" standpoint.. but sometimes "feel" is preferred over raw numbers.

Also consider that the Original base Cayenne only had a 250hp V6 and it sold pretty well. But since Porsche's are image cars, unless you go for the designation delete option (ie, remove the name off the trunk) most will know you "cheaped out".

Then again, anyone with a stock 4cyl 914 has 100hp or less (sometimes much less).. so I don't see the reason to complain about a 250hp base Macan (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Nov 27 2020, 09:28 AM
Post #26

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

We had a 2019 base Macan loaner for 3 days and it was OK. I thought it had all right acceleration for the weight of the vehicle. If you are really considering the base model, it gets the job done, I would suggest you not drive the upper models as it will spoil you. Regardless, all of the Macan are great looking and driving SUV's. It is the most sold car Porsche makes. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
VegasRacer
post Feb 2 2021, 08:11 PM
Post #27

ELVIRA

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 481
Region Association: None

Please welcome the newest member of the Porsche Family, my sister Gretchen. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/crest.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tunez.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rocking nana.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/girlboing.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hearts.gif)

Attached Image

2018. Sapphire Blue Metallic . 9K miles. Base Turbo 4 with Sport Chrono and Premium Package Plus.
All the Good Stuff. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif) Not CPO but the 5 year CarMax warranty covers Porsche dealer service.

User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
914_teener
post Feb 2 2021, 10:58 PM
Post #28

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,489
Region Association: Southern California

Welcome the fold Gretchen!

We just got one as well 2 year factory warranty with 2 year CPO S with 21 inch turbo classics and the premium options package.

Traded the summer tires for Perelli all seasons for obvious reasons.

The awd is great! Enjoy it.s a great car/suv/sportscar.

Edit: Our's is a 2018 and had 14k on the clock. Since you got the 2.0 it's a solid motor. The S's and GTS's have a tendency to leak with broken bolts on the timing cover and valve covers in the earlier models, transfer case issues and yes....PDK failures occaisionally for those also looking.

Attached ImageAttached Image
+Quote Post
jhynesrockmtn
post Feb 3 2021, 09:37 AM
Post #29

Member No.: 20,100
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Feb 2 2021, 06:11 PM) *

Please welcome the newest member of the Porsche Family, my sister Gretchen. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/crest.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tunez.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rocking nana.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/girlboing.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hearts.gif)

Attached Image

2018. Sapphire Blue Metallic . 9K miles. Base Turbo 4 with Sport Chrono and Premium Package Plus.
All the Good Stuff. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif) Not CPO but the 5 year CarMax warranty covers Porsche dealer service.

Congrats! The 2 liter 4 has a lot of grunt for its size. I love that color.

We are close to 2 years in with our 2015 Macan S. It had higher miles at 65k but the dealer did a CPO on it thankfully and it otherwise like new and had great care by the PO. At 71k now, we've only added about 6k in the last 1 1/2 years.

We did have a recent major issue and it will be covered under the warranty. The dealer is replacing the PDK which is a huge bill if we were paying. We had a fault toward the end of a long 700 mile day of driving. It went into a trans limp mode and wouldn't shift into reverse. Given our experience I'd certainly recommend buying CPO if possible.

The Macan is an amazing drive and my wife absolutely is passionate about it. She didn't think she'd ever feel like this about a car/SUV. She was coming from a Lexus RX350 which was very nice but otherwise pretty bland.

Attached Image
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:58 PM