Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V « < 4 5 6  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Black Friday/close out muffler sale
mb911
post Jan 17 2021, 06:21 PM
Post #101

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,892
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I should just clarify. I will make it right that's my personality but I watch every dime after last years extremely terrible experience of giving away $$$$$.$$.

I so do believe this can be brought back to 90-95%
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Amphicar770
post Jan 24 2021, 12:27 PM
Post #102

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,639
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

All,

Ben sent me PDR kit which arrived yesterday. I also picked up a similar kit at Eastwood along with some stronger TabWeld Glu sticks and slide puller to augment robo puller.

After spending several hours and dozens of pulls, including some pretty strong ones, I think it is about as good as it's going to get without going to a next level which could do more harm than good (stud welder, glowing red heat, etc). I also was able to apply about 25 psi of pressure to the inside.

I would say it is some improvement at this point. Reduced the length of the dent to about 2.25" x 1.25", it now looks much like a teaspoon (although I guess it looked similar with a sharper crease before).

Perhaps one of the metal masters here has ideas to further reduce it. Getting to it from behind is not an option.

On a plus side, I do doubt it will effect sound or performance. Likewise, it *might" not be visible once installed (I have not yet removed old muffler to try fitting). On the other hand, it's still a noticable blemish :-(

Ideas welcomed.

Attached Image

Attached Image

Thx

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

6 Pages V « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:42 PM