Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> The Unfortunate dealings
Ansbacher
post Dec 3 2020, 12:53 PM
Post #41

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,589

Long-distance transactions are just that- long and distant. Things get lost in translation. Maybe it was the language difference (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Ansbacher
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
bretth
post Dec 3 2020, 01:16 PM
Post #42

Member No.: 18,882
Region Association: Southwest Region

I will vouch for Mepstein even though I don't think I have done any transactions with him personally. I have seen him give parts to members for free on 914world simply because he had what someone was looking for.
+Quote Post
mlindner
post Dec 3 2020, 01:41 PM
Post #43

Member No.: 13,770
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I vote for pulling this thread, let it be handled off-line if possible. Mark L.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Dec 3 2020, 02:13 PM
Post #44

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

I 2nd that motion. Or we can a stop commenting and it will be on pg 3 in no time flat. Out.
+Quote Post
Unobtanium-inc
post Dec 3 2020, 02:51 PM
Post #45

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,276
Region Association: None

QUOTE(914nb @ Dec 3 2020, 08:39 AM) *

The pictures i have to compare against are from after I bought the car but like I said previously I gave you a chance to correct your wrong doings and you declined.

I have nothing else to say to you, your aware of what you removed and swapped out after I paid exactly what you asked for.

Shipping was past and present motorcars, a very reputable business who said you messed them about with collection, 3 attempts to collect the car and pictures provided all times- contact jack lazinsk and ask yourself- i paid twice due to this but never questioned mark.

If anyone wants to talk about this please message me and I will show you as much or as little as you like....

Fact is, I was lied to and taken advantage of because as I believe my location.

Like I said if anyone wants to chat, please feel free to message me iv nothing to hide.

All the best,

Nathan

Nathan,
I think you need to look at this from our perspective. We don't know you, we do know Mark. This is the first I've ever heard of him "ripping" someone, so I'm skeptical. So it's up to you to prove what you're saying, so far you haven't, so most of us are still skeptical. Mark is telling you to show your proof so he doesn't seem to think you have anything either. When pushed on your allegations you retreat and say you're done.
So put up, or shut up.

+Quote Post
TJB/914
post Dec 3 2020, 03:08 PM
Post #46

Mid-Engn.

Member No.: 346
Region Association: Upper MidWest

My opinion:

If contacted by 914nb I personally would not do business with him after reading his complaints. His issues with Mark should have been private & not on this forum.

I have done business with Mark and satisified with Mark's descriptions and fair pricing. Always trusted and satisified.

Tom, long time member.
+Quote Post
frostyf
post Dec 3 2020, 03:53 PM
Post #47

Member No.: 17,168
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I would add, that I'm from the UK but currently residing in the US for a few years. Whilst I've only bought a couple of items from Mark he's always sent me parts as described and at what I thought was a good price. He even allowed me to jump ahead of him in the queue to buy an elusive fuch 2.0l spare wheel. Most importantly to me, whenever I've been stuck with something or needed a bit of guidance, despite never meeting him in person he has always offered me emailed guidance and advice which has been accurate and honest.

The description doesn't match up with my experience with Mark who remains at the top of the list of individuals who've gone beyond the pale to help me out!
+Quote Post
get off my lawn
post Dec 3 2020, 05:59 PM
Post #48

Member No.: 13,462

Not cool at all ,you should have gotten a completely rust free perfect concours show car for $1500!
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif)

Yeah I'm pretty much 100% believing Mark on this one. Gonna designate 914nb down as a giant red flag, danger do not approach ever.

+Quote Post
MM1
post Dec 3 2020, 07:19 PM
Post #49

914 obsession continues

Member No.: 22,105
Region Association: Southern California

Just for reference @914nb - I jumped in with no knowledge a few years ago and bought a '73 basketcase "roller" . . .ruined the rear bearings "rolling" it because I didn't know better.

The drivetrain was literally in boxes and what I thought was a solid hellhole was years of mud and leaves masquerading in the darkly lit garage.

Paid nearly $4k for a beat up old highly chipped original paint money pit. Over 2 years later - despite a necessary and crushing frugality, I have spent more than you did just for a portion of the used parts that Mark gave you for free. . .all inside a 914 project with a title.

Wish I were that lucky . . .even if you spent 1500+ pounds to ship it, your ahead of me, mate.

Now here's the community "reference" . . . I have learned more from Mark and most "Teeners here in 2 years of slightly obsessed attention, than I would have in countless hours of expensive trial and error. I have had the honor and pleasure of meeting and driving with a number of members here, and I can honestly say my life is richer because of them and 914 World . . .period.

Yours could have been too - and perhaps it still can, if you focus on recovering from your unfortunate illness and searching your soul (not your mind and emotions as I too often do) for the center . . .the middle way . . .the truth.

If you honestly do so, and make amends, as we all should, you'll be able to travel on the journey to having, apparently, one of the few 914's in the British Isles.

Have I felt burned on a few deals - whether that was the actual unbiased truth or not? Of course - who hasn't - but jurisprudence demands that facts be presented so that impartial, rational entities may attempt to discover said truth - without, as far as humanly possible, succumbing to human emotion.

As an impartial observer, I do not see sufficient evidence - presented in this argument - to call into question the benefit of doubt that is afforded to the members of this forum - and humanity as a whole - who have proven their integrity over years of service to their fellow enthusiasts.

We are here for learning, sharing, camaraderie and a pleasurable escape from the troughs and tragedies of our daily lives . . .try, now, Sir, to do the same - "bury the hatchet" . . .you (and we) shall all be happier for it.

+Quote Post
Amphicar770
post Dec 3 2020, 07:32 PM
Post #50

Member No.: 11,639

If buying any vehicle unseen, it is always wise to have a 3rd party evaluate on your behalf. There are plenty of people here, and on other forums willing to do so at no cost. I did so on my 914 and there were no surprises or misunderstanding. While mine cost a lot more than you paid, and that was several years ago, within a few months I had to replace all 4 injectors. Old stuff is old stuff and even NOS parts deteriorate with age.
+Quote Post
rmital
post Dec 4 2020, 04:02 PM
Post #51

Northeast optimist

Member No.: 5,268

QUOTE(bretth @ Dec 3 2020, 02:16 PM) *

I will vouch for Mepstein even though I don't think I have done any transactions with him personally. I have seen him give parts to members for free on 914world simply because he had what someone was looking for.

sorry for the bump Mark, but have to say, the proof is in the pudding:
Attached Image
Mark is a good honest guy....
and yes, no good deed goes unpunished? well, maybe 10% of good deeds you get punished for.
+Quote Post
76-914
post Dec 4 2020, 06:02 PM
Post #52

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964

Hey Mark, I feel for you buddy. I've been in the service business since '79. Dealing with screwballs is a part of dealing with the public. I haven't met this character but I do know him through years of dealing with the public. They are few and far between, thank goodness. Take comfort in knowing you are not the first or last person he will "dump" on. I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't his MO. It's obvious to all here that he he prefers taking the "low road". His "Thunder" consists of unfounded accusations and martyrdom with accents of hypochondria. If I were you I wouldn't honor any of his accusations with a reply. Nor do you need to defend your integrity. This is the first negative comment about you that I've heard in your 10+ years here. Continue your journey on the High Road my friend. You'd be lost elsewhere. Kent
+Quote Post
PanelBilly
post Dec 4 2020, 07:22 PM
Post #53

914 Guru

Member No.: 6,488
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

This is an excellent example of they way we approach a situation that we are unhappy with. Its easy to take the position of victim and solicit support from peers to verify your belief that "it was done to you". The more mature perspective would be to take personal responsibility for the results and recognize how your decisions effected the outcome.

Just my observation. Never could remember is it effect or affect....
+Quote Post
Unobtanium-inc
post Dec 4 2020, 07:26 PM
Post #54

Advanced Member

QUOTE(76-914 @ Dec 4 2020, 04:02 PM) *

Hey Mark, I feel for you buddy. I've been in the service business since '79. Dealing with screwballs is a part of dealing with the public. I haven't met this character but I do know him through years of dealing with the public. They are few and far between, thank goodness. Take comfort in knowing you are not the first or last person he will "dump" on. I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't his MO. It's obvious to all here that he he prefers taking the "low road". His "Thunder" consists of unfounded accusations and martyrdom with accents of hypochondria. If I were you I wouldn't honor any of his accusations with a reply. Nor do you need to defend your integrity. This is the first negative comment about you that I've heard in your 10+ years here. Continue your journey on the High Road my friend. You'd be lost elsewhere. Kent

It's been my experience there are a few more screwballs in the UK then elsewhere, and I've sold cars all over the world. My favorite was a 70S I sold to a guy, I said it was "rust free". He got the car, took a grinder to the whole underside, found 3 dime sized rust spots behind the way bar mount and said I sold him a rusty pile, and he wanted half his money back! I offered him a couple thousand dollars which I said would more than cover the small spots. He said his mechanic said the car should be cut up for spares. This was the car. Some people are just cray-cray!
Cut it up for spares! You can't make this stuff up!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
Coondog
post Dec 4 2020, 08:04 PM
Post #55

Advanced Member

Member No.: 19,195

Sorry this does not pass the smell test. You buy a 914 fixer upper for $1,500 dollars and expect it to be something other then a POS which is all your going to get at that price. Seems he threw in a extra $1,500 of parts to make you happy.

Plus who in the Fuch buys a POS 914 for $1,500 and ships it halfway around the world..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif)
+Quote Post
tvdinnerbythepool
post Dec 4 2020, 08:44 PM
Post #56

Member No.: 22,336
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

My 914 is on the road today largely due to parts (some free) from Mark.
I will gladly do business with him again.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
TonyA
post Dec 4 2020, 08:51 PM
Post #57

Nachmal

Member No.: 20,596
Region Association: North East States

Buying stuff site unseen is always a gamble but I would take that gamble with Mark any day.
+Quote Post
MM1
post Dec 4 2020, 08:51 PM
Post #58

914 obsession continues

Member No.: 22,105

QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Dec 4 2020, 08:26 PM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Dec 4 2020, 04:02 PM) *

It's been my experience there are a few more screwballs in the UK then elsewhere, and I've sold cars all over the world. My favorite was a 70S I sold to a guy, I said it was "rust free". He got the car, took a grinder to the whole underside, found 3 dime sized rust spots behind the way bar mount and said I sold him a rusty pile, and he wanted half his money back! I offered him a couple thousand dollars which I said would more than cover the small spots. He said his mechanic said the car should be cut up for spares. This was the car. Some people are just cray-cray!
Cut it up for spares! You can't make this stuff up!

Uhhh - I'd probably sacrifice a digit to have a "bloody rust bucket" like that! Please PM me if you want to unload any more old "rusty" Georgia peaches!
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Dec 4 2020, 09:19 PM
Post #59

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825

Major hell hole rust as noted and definitely a project car but not what I’d call a POS, although I take no offense from Coondog since I saw his beautiful car in person and California guys aren’t exposed to the rust monster like we are.
I bought it with 36k miles a couple years ago and put about 3k on the car. Oem windshield is almost perfect. I really only sold it because I want my shop to have room to work on cars and not just store them.
These are some pics of the car waiting to be picked up by the transport company.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Unobtanium-inc
post Dec 4 2020, 09:48 PM
Post #60

Advanced Member

QUOTE(mepstein @ Dec 4 2020, 07:19 PM) *

Major hell hole rust as noted and definitely a project car but not what I’d call a POS, although I take no offense from Coondog since I saw his beautiful car in person and California guys aren’t exposed to the rust monster like we are.
I bought it with 36k miles a couple years ago and put about 3k on the car. Oem windshield is almost perfect. I really only sold it because I want my shop to have room to work on cars and not just store them.
These are some pics of the car waiting to be picked up by the transport company.

Yeah, $1500 for that car, you scoundral! I bet you laughed all the way to the bank. Some people are just angry.
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:06 PM