Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> The Unfortunate dealings
Montreal914
post Dec 4 2020, 09:51 PM
Post #61

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,023
Region Association: Southern California

That is a lot of car for $1,500...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
bobboinski
post Dec 4 2020, 09:52 PM
Post #62

Member No.: 19,929
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(mepstein @ Dec 4 2020, 07:19 PM) *

Major hell hole rust as noted and definitely a project car but not what I’d call a POS, although I take no offense from Coondog since I saw his beautiful car in person and California guys aren’t exposed to the rust monster like we are.
I bought it with 36k miles a couple years ago and put about 3k on the car. Oem windshield is almost perfect. I really only sold it because I want my shop to have room to work on cars and not just store them.
These are some pics of the car waiting to be picked up by the transport company.

Looks to be worth every bit of the selling price to me. In some way I've been disappointed by every vintage car I've ever bought. Regardless of condition. There is always something I missed and this is buying in person. But it always works out. I would suggest the buyer focus on the free extras and not what steering wheel is on the car.

Maybe it would be good practice to send the buyer a final set of pictures of the car pre shipping, prior to payment, so there is no arguing about what was promised vs. what was received. But in the end it is a $1,500 914. I doubt it would be misrepresented for profit.

+Quote Post
Highland
post Dec 4 2020, 10:22 PM
Post #63

Member No.: 13,418
Region Association: Southern California

I know stating the obvious, but I think it best to only look forward to what it takes for the restoration and not what you’ve already spent.
After all, we do this to make ourselves happy and not profit. I’ve gone through hard times with my 914 at which point my wife says “why are you even doing this if it upsets you?”.

I also agree $1500 is a deal I would take if I had any welding skills. Remember you can’t count transport into the price of the car; that’s on you.

Happy Holidays everyone (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Dec 4 2020, 11:32 PM
Post #64

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(mepstein @ Dec 3 2020, 03:49 PM) *

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Dec 3 2020, 01:31 PM) *

I look forward to seeing this thread on the front page for the next few months.

Oh god. Let’s hope not. I’m already bored of it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stromberg.gif)

Mark, didn’t you own Motermeister at one time? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/evilgrin.gif)

$1500 is basically a stolen car these days. Call a classic car insurer and tell them you want to insure it for the $1500 you bought it for. They will not accept that value. He sold you a decent car at a parts car price.
+Quote Post
Rusty
post Dec 5 2020, 06:21 AM
Post #65

Wanted: Engine case GA003709

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

Good morning. I reopened with this thread with the expectation that folks would play nice. Most did. Three caught timeouts.

Gonna close it before more ugliness. Zach was right. I was wrong.
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:29 PM