Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> porsche 914, why am i scared of a knocking engine
dlindzey
post Dec 10 2020, 07:45 PM
Post #1

repeat offender

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,226
Region Association: Southwest Region

looked at a 1.7 the other day
engine rebuilt in 2016 less than 30k miles, fancy pistons seemed like legit job, compressions between 140-150 all cylinders no leak down numbers

2018 or so got rid of the fuel injection system which had recently been rebuilt anyway and went to single carb

since then little issues and tune ups, last shop records this year complained about knocks at start up and variable idle often fast for no reason

i saw the car and drove it not knowing the above and the engine knocking is obvious even to someone of my mechanical inclination, the idle was too fast as well and the fuel pump was loud

would anyone pay top dollar for a car that knocks before you even get it home or is usually a minor thing a decent mechanic can fix--prior shop took a run at it before owner bailed on the car that he had already pumped at least 15k into.

so what is the collective wisdom-car looks good but sounds bad
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd May 2024 - 05:36 AM