Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FS 1973 914 2.0 "Kit" -SOLD!, 1973 914 2.0 in pieces plus many extra parts
PyrDad
post Dec 18 2020, 08:54 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,743
Region Association: None

I have a 1973 914 2.0 that is nearly completely disassembled. I had a minor accident involving a barbed wire fence on New Year's day 1980. The car has been painted twice since it was disassembled in early 1980. At the time I worked at a Porsche repair shop and purchased two wrecks as parts cars. Now, years later I find the ground too far away to comfortably work on the 914. My original intent was to show the car in the 1980 Portland Porsche Parade Concours d'elegance, but, with Mt. St. Helens and some club/personal issues I let it languish.
The car is a very clean with minor rust "tub" on casters - no suspension attached. There is no rust in the "hell ole" under the battery and some surface rust on the driver's floor and a few rust spots at the fender to cowl seam and on the rear trunk lid. Primarily cosmetic - no structural conditions. The wiring harness and major brake lines and shifter are in place, but everything else is apart. Perfect as a track car because it can't get much lighter.
There are duplicates (or triplicates plus) of most items. The engine was rebuilt at Garretson Enterprises (under the supervision of Jerry Woods) in the 1980's from another car and was used for only a few years. It has European pistons that have been "flat-topped" and a mild performance cam that was compatible with the D-Jetronic. Sheet metal was blasted and powder coated, so it is in excellent condition. Side shift transmission, window regulators were updated from the "worm drive" to the cross-arm style - doors from a 1974 were used and painted with the rest of the car. Multiple front and rear suspension arms, brake calipers, wiper linkage with motors, headlight motors, front and rear sway bars, door latches, switches, gas tanks, etc.
It is finally time for me to let go of this dream, and let it find a new home. Please let me know if you need additional photos or information. Has a set of 5 2.0 Fuchs alloys - one will need repair and another has a curb gash that is unsightly, but is completely usable. There are three roof panels (one with barb wire scratches that could be sanded, filled and gloss painted as was the custom at the time. Tons of parts, and after choosing the best for the reassembly of the car, can easily be sold separately. Some parts were carefully cleaned in anticipation of the job, and others are in as removed condition. The tub was stored in garages and most recently under the overhang of my barn, and the parts were stored in an old barn that (unfortunately) had some vermin activity. Interior pieces and rubber seals (many are new, but old stock) are in very good condition.

I am in West Sonoma County, California and the car would have to be picked up there - bring a box van and a trailer... The car has a clean California non-salvage title and is currently registered in California as a Planned Non-Op. I have more than 60 photos - if you want to see more just ask. If you want to see the car in person I am willing. Car and its parts are currently stored under the overhang of my barn. Asking $4,000.00 or best offer. No low ball offers please - been there.
Attached Image Attached Image Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image[attachmentid=773
263]Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image[attachmentid
=773267]Attached ImageAttached Image[attachme
ntid=773271]Attached ImageAttached Image

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Steve H
post Dec 19 2020, 01:15 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 646

Personal message sent.
+Quote Post
Ford Cook
post Dec 19 2020, 07:52 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 24,998
Region Association: Northern California

I wish this was coming up a little closer to tax time! Myself and the lady have been looking into a 914 project for the new year. We’re also in Sonoma county.
+Quote Post
PyrDad
post Dec 19 2020, 08:45 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 24,743
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Ford Cook @ Dec 19 2020, 06:52 PM) *

I wish this was coming up a little closer to tax time! Myself and the lady have been looking into a 914 project for the new year. We’re also in Sonoma county.

Hello Ford,

Talk to me - I am open to the right deal - PM me with your offer - now and tax time. Regards,
PyrDad
+Quote Post
Ford Cook
post Dec 19 2020, 10:17 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 24,998
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(PyrDad @ Dec 19 2020, 08:45 PM) *

QUOTE(Ford Cook @ Dec 19 2020, 06:52 PM) *

Hello Ford,

Talk to me - I am open to the right deal - PM me with your offer - now and tax time. Regards,
PyrDad

Message sent PyrDad
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2024 - 08:20 PM