Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Heated Rear Window update help needed, Early 1970 model year
914sgofast2
post Dec 31 2020, 05:13 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,855
Region Association: None

I picked up a heated rear window to update my early (December 1969 build date) Porsche 914. Does anyone know if my car's wiring harness actually contains the wires needed to update this car with a heated rear window?

I know the relay board has a plug-in slot for the heated rear window relay. I also picked up the dash switch assembly for the heated rear window.

There is no wiring schematic for the heated rear window option shown on the early 1970 wiring diagram in the Haynes Workshop Manual. Before I install all new wires for this update, I was wondering if anyone else has updated their early 914 with a heated rear window. My car has the Appearance Group with fog lights, chrome bumpers, and black vinyl sail panels, if that makes any difference in the early wiring harness.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 10:38 PM