Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 2056 build up, Dynamic Engine balancing
rfinegan
post Jan 11 2021, 10:38 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,499
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I have the last of my parts for my 2056 build up on the way. Im looking for a good shop to do the Dynamic Engine Balancing. I know I will have to ship, so I guess the location is not critical to North Carolina or East Coast. But I am looking for someone who does Type 4/VW work and is familiar with the ins and outs specific to these engines.
Can anyone one here provide a recommendation please.

Best regards

_Robert
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
wndsrfr
post Jan 13 2021, 03:40 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,318
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I had mine done at Gregory's Fleet Supply machine shop in Norfolk, Va. Just talked to Dean there & he said they're still set up to do balancing. Phone number is 800-992-1606. Read Jake's list of what all to take to them--you'll want to have the flywheel and pressure plate mounted on to the crank. Up to you to deal with the fan end of it--not sure if I had that done also but you should if it'll fit on their machine.
Ask them about pistons & rods--you can do them yourself with a sensitive scale though...
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:41 AM