Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

> Not all SOLD: '70 parts, transplant donor
Pezz
post Jan 13 2021, 02:47 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,621
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

UPDATE:
The entire '70 did not sell. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hissyfit.gif)
Body parts are moving. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif)
Engine and trans, glass, lights, and more are here.
It is a transplant donor now.
Please PM me if you are interested in any parts.
Thanks
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif)
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif)

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Pezz
post Jan 16 2021, 07:54 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 23,621
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

More background...
I don't know a lot about the guts of a 914. So I took on this car to learn some things (reverse engineering). My intent was passionate to get it running again, but as I got deeper into the car, the problems got a lot deeper, and I don;t have deep pockets. I have a nice '75 1.8L that is the inspiration for this odyssey with the '70 1.7L.

And so... as I looked closer at this '70...
Some of the body welds appear to be "stretched". The engine seems slightly skewed compared to the engine compartment. Also there are some unusual vertical shims between the body and the trailing arms. And there is an extra tranny.
I surmise from this evidence that the body was damaged seriously in the accident, getting hit on driver's door seems to have "bent" the car body around the impact, and the engine and tranny got tweaked, perhaps tranny damage after running it while tweaked.

The rusted out cockpit and dash is because the roof and windows were leaking and filling the car with water. The rest of the car is not that corroded. The salvage man I got it from was driving it around town 11 or 12 years ago. I knew him then, and he did not want to sell it then. And so it sat in his yard getting rusty. He is now in his 90s, and so I got it with the title, but he could not find the keys. He has a few hundred cars in his yard.

And so, to cut, or not to cut?
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)
+Quote Post
stownsen914
post Jan 17 2021, 08:04 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 6,985
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Pezz @ Jan 16 2021, 08:54 AM) *

Also there are some unusual vertical shims between the body and the trailing arms

Those sound like alignment shims. If it has a few of them, that would be normal.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Pezz   Not all SOLD: '70 parts   Jan 13 2021, 02:47 AM
Superhawk996   Stumps are a nice touch!   Jan 13 2021, 07:06 AM
Pezz   Stumps are a nice touch! Copy that, ready ...   Jan 15 2021, 09:07 AM
seanpaulmc   PM sent on wiring harnesses Thanks, Sean   Jan 13 2021, 07:47 AM
Bucci   Does anybody know how many cars they made in 1970....   Jan 14 2021, 06:19 PM
cary   http://www.914world.com/specs/productionnumbers.ph...   Jan 14 2021, 11:41 PM
Pezz   http://www.914world.com/specs/productionnumbers.p...   Jan 15 2021, 09:05 AM
Bucci   Thank you for the information, I googled it and I ...   Jan 15 2021, 11:26 AM
Pezz   Thank you for the information, I googled it and I...   Jan 16 2021, 06:41 AM
Pezz   Forgot to add that there are tires and rims so tha...   Jan 15 2021, 09:15 AM
Ace Le Count   PLEASE DON'T CUT IT UP!   Jan 15 2021, 05:55 PM
Pezz   PLEASE DON'T CUT IT UP! Yeah, it is ha...   Jan 16 2021, 07:13 AM
Krieger   Doesn't look that rusty. Post more pictures o...   Jan 15 2021, 06:13 PM
Pezz   Doesn't look that rusty. Post more pictures ...   Jan 16 2021, 06:58 AM
Pezz   More background... I don't know a lot about th...   Jan 16 2021, 07:54 AM
stownsen914   Also there are some unusual vertical shims betwee...   Jan 17 2021, 08:04 AM
cary   I too believe over the horizon a 1970 will become ...   Jan 16 2021, 10:30 AM
sixnotfour   Nose cut right behind headlights ...asap friend dr...   Jan 16 2021, 05:11 PM
davep   Pezz, while you still have it, try to get a photo ...   Jan 19 2021, 08:39 PM
Pezz   Pezz, while you still have it, try to get a photo...   Jan 21 2021, 08:37 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:21 AM