Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Orange Clone in St Pete, Orange 6 Clone on EBay
PaulFV8
post Jan 15 2021, 06:34 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,562
Region Association: None

Does anyone recognize this car? Was it being done by a forum member? Missing pictures of some critical areas but what are your thoughts?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1973-Porsche-914/1...10-dbc2699d66e2

Thanks for your time and stay safe

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
pete000
post Jan 15 2021, 08:21 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 12,094
Region Association: South East States

I saw this on CL last week, he was asking 15 or best. Looks like a lot of fantastic plastic, but who knows. As of last week he said the clutch was stuck and it ran great, but could not drive. Sounds like that might be resolved now. Appears to have alloy front calipers and factory sway bars front and rear. Might make a nice Rat Rod or flip! GLWS
+Quote Post
SavingManuals
post Jan 15 2021, 10:07 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 25,044

I'm brand spankin' new to 914World so please go easy on me! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Having begun my wrenching experience with E46 BMW's a few years ago at 50, I'm considering jumping into the deep end of the 914 pool this year (and not afraid to learn the hard way how to get one on the road).

That said, how much this one is actually worth, notwithstanding the seller's 15k obo proposed value?
+Quote Post
pete000
post Jan 15 2021, 02:05 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(SavingManuals @ Jan 15 2021, 08:07 AM) *

I'm brand spankin' new to 914World so please go easy on me! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Having begun my wrenching experience with E46 BMW's a few years ago at 50, I'm considering jumping into the deep end of the 914 pool this year (and not afraid to learn the hard way how to get one on the road).

That said, how much this one is actually worth, notwithstanding the seller's 15k obo proposed value?

Rust is the biggest thing in 914's and one from the Gulf coast might have just that. If your not afraid to cut metal and weld this one might be a great buy. Or just roll it as is and have fun, that's the way I would probably do it if it was me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif)
+Quote Post
FRUNKenstein
post Jan 15 2021, 03:19 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 24,308
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(SavingManuals @ Jan 15 2021, 10:07 AM) *

You know, every time I buy a project car, it ends up with me saying to my friends "If you ever hear me saying I'm going to buy another project car, punch in the nards." Just sayin'.
+Quote Post
914forme
post Jan 15 2021, 03:25 PM
Post #6

Times a wastin', get wrenchin'!

Member No.: 2,388

Needs floors at least one side

I would expect logs, and battery area.

Has rear sway bar bracket no bar, not that it really matters.

Lots to do, but could be a good deal if you don't mind a few SURPRISES!

+Quote Post
pete000
post Jan 15 2021, 04:07 PM
Post #7

@sirandy should ad this one to the data base...4732910540
+Quote Post
gereed75
post Jan 15 2021, 05:08 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 15,674
Region Association: North East States

$15000 might not be that bad if the engine/trans was really good (very fat chance and how would you know). Otherwise a bunch of work to get it to rough driver quality.

Would have to be 1/2 the $15000 to get my attention, if I were looking. At that lower number, This plus a nice parts car/roller could be a worthwhile project.
+Quote Post
PaulFV8
post Jan 15 2021, 07:21 PM
Post #9

I emailed the seller asking about the longs and for pictures of the hell hole. He said there is a hole at the back under the battery tray. He “thinks” the longs are solid but “can’t really tell with the rocker cover in place”. I asked him to pull up the carpet and remove the door sill but so far no additional updates. The only info from the widow is “he spent too much money on it”. (Mine will say the same thing when I’m gone LOL). If it was an hour away I would take a closer look but I’m going to pass on this one. I will keep watching, I’m curious to see the reserve. Thanks for your time
+Quote Post
pete000
post Jan 16 2021, 08:54 AM
Post #10

I am an hour away at this time, but afraid to go look at it as I have too much on my plate right now, I agree if it was four figures I would probably be more tempted.
+Quote Post
carr914
post Jan 16 2021, 09:25 AM
Post #11

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 1,623

The Seller is a Wierdo! @ThePaintedMan (George) & I both tried to get a hold of the guy to look it over. George didn't here back from him. I got a message to call his Dad. Too Much runaround and think wanted more than his Asking
+Quote Post
SavingManuals
post Jan 16 2021, 05:17 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 25,044

QUOTE(FRUNKenstein @ Jan 15 2021, 04:19 PM) *

QUOTE(SavingManuals @ Jan 15 2021, 10:07 AM) *

You know, every time I buy a project car, it ends up with me saying to my friends "If you ever hear me saying I'm going to buy another project car, punch in the nards." Just sayin'.

Funny...I should be saying the same thing to my friends about my BMW habit. BUT, if I switch to Porsche it'd be different, right? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)
+Quote Post
maj75
post Jan 17 2021, 04:03 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 24,317

I have a very clean ‘71 914. A few minor rust repairs need to be done. Motor and trans are out. But I’m thinking this is everything I’d need for a -6 conversion into a much better shell.
+Quote Post
PaulFV8
post Jan 23 2021, 06:27 AM
Post #14

The last bid was $10,100 and the auction ended. Did someone buy it offline? More that I would have paid anyway, I’m just curious and tracking some numbers. Thanks and stay safe
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:55 AM