Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OT: LS guys, what's leaking here?
tygaboy
post Jan 22 2021, 07:21 PM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,241
Region Association: Northern California

Looking for some help here before posting on an LS forum. Any of you LS-knowledgeable folks (or friends who may be LS experts) have any ideas why I'm getting oil here?
This is the passenger side, rear of engine.

I've not been able to find a similar example online and happily confess, I'm more into fabrication than engine-y, oily stuff. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

This an LS3 out of a 2015 Camaro. I'm under the impression that this head bolt doesn't pass through an oil galley, but I may be mistaken.

Any help appreciated.

Chris

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mb911
post Jan 22 2021, 07:33 PM
Post #2

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,892
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Chris,

How did the oil get to the higher spot on the head from where it was machined for clearance? My guess from an oil pressure point. Likely from the head bolt or pressure sensor. I have had a few ls engines apart and they are pretty straight forward. There should be no oil pass through on the head bolt.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:45 PM