Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Advice: Fuel Pump Relocation Location
second wind
post Aug 9 2023, 05:08 PM
Post #41

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,543
Region Association: Southern California

I have to pitch in as I just did this to my '73 2.0. When I put in my SS fuel lines in the tunnel I redid all of the rubber lines with cloth covered fuel lines to be "original" and "european" but what a mistake!! The ethanol content out here in Los Angeles evidently is so high the cloth covered lines were shot to hell and I had leak after leak. It took me weeks but I now have top of the line state-of-art high pressure SAE J30 R9 fuel lines and I am so relieved that I might not get a rotted out fuel line for a while. Seeing a puddle of gas under your car when you head out on your Sunday drive kinda' kills the mood. I am still looking for an economical halon type fire extinguisher as well.
All the best,
gg
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
stoneman30hotmail
post Oct 6 2023, 07:17 PM
Post #42

Member No.: 26,834
Region Association: South East States

This thread is what comes up for pump relocation but I haven't found many examples of with the steering rack. So here is:
Got through this in a day. Only need one wire if you make a good ground. The filter is pretty big and is a little pressed in with the panel.
Attached Image

Attached Image
I put holes for the wire just big enough to also put in some old washer tubing as a type of grommet/protection going through the sheet metal.
Attached Image
+Quote Post
ILM914
post Oct 6 2023, 07:43 PM
Post #43

Member No.: 10,126
Region Association: None

Hot my pump relocation kit from George at Auto Atlanta - mounted in the rack area - has worked great no issues no hole cutting
+Quote Post
Geezer914
post Oct 7 2023, 06:30 AM
Post #44

Geezer914

Member No.: 10,179
Region Association: North East States

I mounted mine on the steering rack. I took the fuel pump mount off the front cover and mounted it to the steering rack with large hose clamps. Get the SS U bend from Chris Foley so you don't kink the fuel line.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th May 2024 - 11:57 AM