Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> UPDATE: Rubber Trailing Arm Bushings Group Buy, Order placed - group buy closed
bdstone914
post Jan 29 2021, 04:51 PM
Post #1

bdstone914

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,319

Update: 3/9/2021
Bushings are paid for and will be hipped from RD Canada soon.
It looks like RD Canada will be adding these to their line soon. I convinced them there is a demand for the rubber bushings with Elephant racing as the only other supplier currently offering them.
I have a jig made up that I think will allow the installation of the bushings without a shop press. I will start a new thread with the details and progress.regress on it. If it works I can lend it out and will share the parts source info. It basically uses a piece of 10mm all thread to pull the shaft through while clamping on the bushings so they do not get pulled into the trailing arm.

Bushings were brought in to Restoration Designs Canada. I will be placing the order as soon as all are paid up. Will send PM's to all who have inquired. Last chance to get in on the group buy.

@914werke
@djway
@Superhawk996
@sportlicherFahrer
@Monteral914
@racer914

Shipping will be about $7 per set if ten sets are ordered. We are at ten sets now if everyone who has replied comes through.
Reshipping will be $8.
I prefer Venmo as form of payment as I am doing this at cost. If you are computer challenged I can take a check.
Cost total for softer bushings is $100 and $110 for the harder bushings.
If you want two or more sets deduct $8 from cost of the second set.
Please email me at bdstone914 at AOL dot com with you full name, address, number of sets wanted and hardness.

I am going to order at least one set of real rubber trailing arm bushings from Restoration Designs Europe. They offer a street grade and a stiffer performance grade.
The only other source for rubber trailing arm bushings I know of is Elephant Racing and they are very expensive.
I have requested a quote for shipping on up to 10 sets. The current prices are 69 for the street version and 77 Euros for the performance version.
Rubber bushing are difficult to install but are like the original bushings that add torsional rigidity and adapt to the trailing arm variations.

I am going to get one set of each. The biggest problem I had installing the rubber bushing is that the bushing wanted to push out or scrunch up as the shaft was inserd. I suspect the stiffer bushing may be easier to install.

Here are the links:

https://www.restoration-design.eu/silent-bl...-set-4-pcs.html

https://www.restoration-design.eu/silent-bl...-pcs-10646.html
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
914werke
post Jan 29 2021, 10:14 PM
Post #2

"I got blisters on me fingers"

Member No.: 453
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

The current prices are 69 for the street version and 77 Euros for the performance version.

Just to be clear that is $83.75 & $93.46 USD, does that $ include Ship and VAT ?
Im interested (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post Jan 29 2021, 10:38 PM
Post #3

bdstone914

QUOTE(914werke @ Jan 29 2021, 10:14 PM) *

The current prices are 69 for the street version and 77 Euros for the performance version.

Just to be clear that is $83.75 & $93.46 USD, does that $ include Ship and VAT ?

Rich,
I am waiting on a quote from them. The web site mentions 21% VAT but i dont think that applies to U.S. customers.
Are you interested in more than one set?
+Quote Post
76-914
post Jan 29 2021, 10:40 PM
Post #4

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif) You know I don't need these but I'll be watching and applaud your interest in furthering the 914 groups interests Bruce. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
djway
post Jan 29 2021, 10:56 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 19,266

Do you deliver? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif)
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post Jan 29 2021, 10:58 PM
Post #6

bdstone914

QUOTE(djway @ Jan 29 2021, 10:56 PM) *

In your case yes.
Is that a deal breaker?
+Quote Post
djway
post Jan 29 2021, 11:03 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 19,266

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jan 29 2021, 08:58 PM) *

QUOTE(djway @ Jan 29 2021, 10:56 PM) *

In your case yes.
Is that a deal breaker?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/type.gif)
+Quote Post
914werke
post Jan 30 2021, 12:21 AM
Post #8

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jan 29 2021, 08:38 PM) *

Rich,
I am waiting on a quote from them. The web site mentions 21% VAT but i dont think that applies to U.S. customers.

I may be, turns out Im paralleling your effort as I have a couple customers in need.
I described that need when I asked about Marks offering HERE
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post Jan 30 2021, 12:29 AM
Post #9

bdstone914

QUOTE(914werke @ Jan 30 2021, 12:21 AM) *

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jan 29 2021, 08:38 PM) *

Rich,

Elephant Racing will sell the bushing without the shafts but the price is over $150 for the bushings. Another possible installation is that the original shafts bend from use. I think this contributes to the installation difficulty. I now have a set of the solid SS 914 Rubber shafts and want to see if new straight shafts make for easier install

I may be, turns out Im paralleling your effort as I have a couple customers in need.
I described that need when I asked about Marks offering HERE

+Quote Post
914werke
post Jan 30 2021, 12:44 AM
Post #10

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jan 29 2021, 10:29 PM) *
Elephant Racing will sell the bushing without the shafts but the price is over $150 for the bushings. Another possible installation is that the original shafts bend from use. I think this contributes to the installation difficulty. I now have a set of the solid SS 914 Rubber shafts and want to see if new straight shafts make for easier install

IDK but in prep for my installs I simply take the best shafts I have put them on a lathe and give them a once over. Rarely are that more than .02-.03 out
+Quote Post
IronHillRestorations
post Jan 30 2021, 06:47 AM
Post #11

I. I. R. C.

Member No.: 439
Region Association: None

They’re available from Porsche new
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post Jan 30 2021, 10:21 AM
Post #12

bdstone914

QUOTE(IronHillRestorations @ Jan 30 2021, 06:47 AM) *

They’re available from Porsche new

@IronHillRestorations

Are you sure? PET only shows a part number for the complete trailing arm. I know Porsche offers the front A arm bushings for anout $20 each.
+Quote Post
IronHillRestorations
post Jan 30 2021, 10:31 AM
Post #13

I. I. R. C.

Member No.: 439
Region Association: None

Sorry it was early. Fronts are available new. My bad
+Quote Post
Superhawk996
post Jan 30 2021, 02:26 PM
Post #14

914 Guru

Member No.: 22,428
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

What is the expected difference to 914 Rubber trailing arm bushings?

I'd love to know more about the expected differences (dimensions, durometer, or bushing rates) either from street to performance or better yet to all other competitors.

I'll need a set but haven't decided on source. You're corect Elephant is very expensive, and more recently I think @bbrock has run into some fittment issues with 914Rubber parts on OEM pivot shafts.

I know I definately don't want to do solid stainless pivots and add more weight for no reason. Would love to see something that works with OEM shafts.
+Quote Post
bbrock
post Jan 30 2021, 03:10 PM
Post #15

914 Guru

Member No.: 20,845
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I have a set of Elephant Racing bushing coming on Monday. The price for bushings alone is $200 and they sell the 2 special install tools for $40 each. So $280 for a set without pivot shafts. Quite pricey but as @Superhawk996 said, I just installed a set of 914Rubber bushings last week and they are not acceptable. I probably would have jumped on a GB through RD but I already have these coming and really need to get this done once and for all. This will be the third set of bushings I've installed without using so I would have saved money by just biting the bullet with Elephant in the first place.
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post Jan 30 2021, 08:25 PM
Post #16

bdstone914

QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Jan 30 2021, 02:26 PM) *

What is the expected difference to 914 Rubber trailing arm bushings?

I'd love to know more about the expected differences (dimensions, durometer, or bushing rates) either from street to performance or better yet to all other competitors.

I'll need a set but haven't decided on source. You're corect Elephant is very expensive, and more recently I think @bbrock has run into some fittment issues with 914Rubber parts on OEM pivot shafts.

I know I definately don't want to do solid stainless pivots and add more weight for no reason. Would love to see something that works with OEM shafts.

Than expected difference is that fit and function like the original rubber bushings. They can adapt to the variation in diameter and lack of linearity of the two holes.
The 914 Rubber bushings are not made of rubber. There is no compression like the rubber. I want to try both durometers with bith the SS 914 Rubber shafts and non straight original shafts. I expect the 85 durometer bushings will be easier to install as they wil have less tendendancy to scrunch up as the shaft enters from inside the trailing arm. I dont think the performace differen e beyween the street and performance bushing will be noticible.
+Quote Post
Superhawk996
post Jan 31 2021, 08:28 AM
Post #17

914 Guru

Member No.: 22,428
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

I didn't realize 914Rubber parts wern't rubber. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif) I took a quick look and could see tool marks on them which I had erroneously assumed to be from a mold. I definately don't want Delron or other non-isolating material for my street car. So I guess that only leaves Elephant as the viable option.

I went to the RD links but didn't see any info that differentieated them. Thanks for the info.

Bruce, I'd be down for a set of the 85 duro parts.

@Bdstone914
@bbrock
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post Jan 31 2021, 09:37 AM
Post #18

bdstone914

QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Jan 31 2021, 08:28 AM) *

I didn't realize 914Rubber parts wern't rubber. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif) I took a quick look and could see tool marks on them which I had erroneously assumed to be from a mold. I definately don't want Delron or other non-isolating material for my street car. So I guess that only leaves Elephant as the viable option.

I went to the RD links but didn't see any info that differentieated them. Thanks for the info.

Bruce, I'd be down for a set of the 85 duro parts.

@Bdstone914
@bbrock

They list the racing version as 85 shore hardness but do not state the hardness on the street version. I am in email contact with them and will ask.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
bbrock
post Jan 31 2021, 11:14 AM
Post #19

914 Guru

Member No.: 20,845
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

The 914Rubber offerings are very confusing because they have terrible descriptions on their catalog. They offer TWO different bushing styles. One is a Daystar poly graphite bushing (Item # 99-3015-335). The other was sold and advertised in a group buy as rubber (Item # OEM91433105B) and comparable replacement for OE rubber bushings. I have a set of each and can verify they are very different. The Daystar bushings are semi rigid and install with fitment you would expect of a hard bushing. The rubber bushings are much more flexible and are supposed to install with a friction fit. The problem is that they aren't dimensioned to accommodate the variability in trailing arm IDs. For example on my trailing arms, they fit the inner side with a tight enough squish that they would probably work but are way too loose on the outers. I think 914Rubber tried to get a goldilocks fit that would be easier to install than Elephant, but still provide a proper friction fit. A swing and a miss from what I've seen.
+Quote Post
sportlicherFahrer
post Jan 31 2021, 11:26 AM
Post #20

Nothing to see here.

Member No.: 3,945

I'm in Bruce, though I am currently undecided on which hardness I'd like to run. Curious as to how much handling gain there is with the "racing" version. There are a few other parts I'd like to get from you in the near future(pedal cluster, late targa latches). Perhaps they can be shipped together once this is all figured out.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:17 PM