Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> UPDATE: Rubber Trailing Arm Bushings Group Buy, Order placed - group buy closed
Montreal914
post Jan 31 2021, 11:40 AM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,023
Region Association: Southern California

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)

I have a set of 914Rubber compliant rubber bushings (or what ever they are) that I got in the group buy, but If I am to have potential issues down the road, I am interested in your rubber bushings from Restoration Design EU Bruce.

I am definitely in for a turn key solution too, i.e. I bring you the rebuilt/re-plated bushingless arms and shaft I got from you a while back, and you press in the rubber bushings ready for the arms to be bolted on... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post Feb 1 2021, 09:52 AM
Post #22

bdstone914

Member No.: 1,319

Bump. See update in initial post.
+Quote Post
racer914
post Feb 1 2021, 11:14 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 23,513
Region Association: South East States

I'm in for a set of the performance grade...I sent an email with info and Venmo for payment. Thanks, Dave
+Quote Post
sportlicherFahrer
post Feb 1 2021, 06:35 PM
Post #24

Nothing to see here.

Member No.: 3,945
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Email sent per updated OP! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post Feb 1 2021, 07:43 PM
Post #25

bdstone914

QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Jan 31 2021, 11:40 AM) *

I have a set of 914Rubber compliant rubber bushings (or what ever they are) that I got in the group buy, but If I am to have potential issues down the road, I am interested in your rubber bushings from Restoration Design EU Bruce.

I am definitely in for a turn key solution too, i.e. I bring you the rebuilt/re-plated bushingless arms and shaft I got from you a while back, and you press in the rubber bushings ready for the arms to be bolted on... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

@Montreal914

Sounds like a plan. I have a set of arms that need bushings. If you want the hard bushing I will install the softer ones in the arms I have. Saves me getting another sets of arms powder coated.

+Quote Post
Montreal914
post Feb 1 2021, 08:19 PM
Post #26

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Feb 1 2021, 05:43 PM) *

QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Jan 31 2021, 11:40 AM) *

@Montreal914

Sounds like a plan. I have a set of arms that need bushings. If you want the hard bushing I will install the softer ones in the arms I have. Saves me getting another sets of arms powder coated.

Here are the parts I got from you (kind of dusty now... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) ). Once you are ready, I can drop these off for the bushing install. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif)

Attached Image
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post Mar 4 2021, 11:12 AM
Post #27

bdstone914

Bump with update.
+Quote Post
MM1
post Mar 4 2021, 03:19 PM
Post #28

914 obsession continues

Member No.: 22,105

I'll take a set of the harder bushings, please.

+Quote Post
Montreal914
post Mar 5 2021, 08:35 PM
Post #29

@bdstone914 , sending the money via Venmo with my daughter's account. You should receive $110 tonight.

Thank you for organizing this (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) and sorry for the delay... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Mar 7 2021, 12:46 AM
Post #30

The rubber man

Member No.: 3,348
Region Association: None

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jan 30 2021, 06:25 PM) *

QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Jan 30 2021, 02:26 PM) *

What is the expected difference to 914 Rubber trailing arm bushings?

I'd love to know more about the expected differences (dimensions, durometer, or bushing rates) either from street to performance or better yet to all other competitors.

I'll need a set but haven't decided on source. You're corect Elephant is very expensive, and more recently I think @bbrock has run into some fittment issues with 914Rubber parts on OEM pivot shafts.

I know I definately don't want to do solid stainless pivots and add more weight for no reason. Would love to see something that works with OEM shafts.

Than expected difference is that fit and function like the original rubber bushings. They can adapt to the variation in diameter and lack of linearity of the two holes.
The 914 Rubber bushings are not made of rubber. There is no compression like the rubber. I want to try both durometers with bith the SS 914 Rubber shafts and non straight original shafts. I expect the 85 durometer bushings will be easier to install as they wil have less tendendancy to scrunch up as the shaft enters from inside the trailing arm. I dont think the performace differen e beyween the street and performance bushing will be noticible.

Bruce, news to me the 914Rubber ones are not made of rubber.
You may be thinking of the old polygraohite ones.
Ours are made of rubber
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post Mar 7 2021, 08:39 AM
Post #31

bdstone914

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Mar 7 2021, 12:46 AM) *

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jan 30 2021, 06:25 PM) *

QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Jan 30 2021, 02:26 PM) *

What is the expected difference to 914 Rubber trailing arm bushings?

I'd love to know more about the expected differences (dimensions, durometer, or bushing rates) either from street to performance or better yet to all other competitors.

I'll need a set but haven't decided on source. You're corect Elephant is very expensive, and more recently I think @bbrock has run into some fittment issues with 914Rubber parts on OEM pivot shafts.

I know I definately don't want to do solid stainless pivots and add more weight for no reason. Would love to see something that works with OEM shafts.

Than expected difference is that fit and function like the original rubber bushings. They can adapt to the variation in diameter and lack of linearity of the two holes.
The 914 Rubber bushings are not made of rubber. There is no compression like the rubber. I want to try both durometers with bith the SS 914 Rubber shafts and non straight original shafts. I expect the 85 durometer bushings will be easier to install as they wil have less tendendancy to scrunch up as the shaft enters from inside the trailing arm. I dont think the performace differen e beyween the street and performance bushing will be noticible.

Bruce, news to me the 914Rubber ones are not made of rubber.
You may be thinking of the old polygraohite ones.
Ours are made of rubber

I bought them and they are not rubber like the originals. They are marked WDG. You list the Daystar on the site and yours with not description. They squeak like the poly material. Check them out.
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Mar 7 2021, 10:02 AM
Post #32

The rubber man

Member No.: 3,348
Region Association: None

The polygraphite will squeak.
The not sure why yours would be ones you used an oil to install them.
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post Mar 9 2021, 01:10 PM
Post #33

bdstone914

Bump, order placed. Bushings will be shipped to me soon.
+Quote Post
Grego in Sac
post Mar 10 2021, 08:22 PM
Post #34

Member No.: 25,301
Region Association: Northern California

Am I still able to buy bushings? Any available?
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post Mar 11 2021, 08:35 AM
Post #35

bdstone914

QUOTE(Grego in Sac @ Mar 10 2021, 08:22 PM) *

Am I still able to buy bushings? Any available?

@Grego in saC

Sorry but no. Only enough were brought in from Europe to cover pre orders. They should be available from Restoration Designs in Canada as they are adding them to their offering.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:41 AM