Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Washer hose spare tire fitting
wonkipop
post Feb 10 2021, 12:36 AM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,231
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

australia has become california on very bad drugs.

there is no escape. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Feb 10 2021, 01:08 PM
Post #22

The rubber man

Member No.: 3,348
Region Association: None

Just a heads up on the tubing we make. you MUST put it in very hot water. it them becomes very pliable. Once it's pushed over the fittings and cools it makes an excellent seal.
Pre cut for each section with new T fitting for the squirters included

https://914rubber.com/water-squirter-hose-kit-of-6-1
+Quote Post
Superhawk996
post Feb 10 2021, 02:41 PM
Post #23

914 Guru

Member No.: 22,428
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

I admire the perseverance . . . (IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)

+Quote Post
wonkipop
post Feb 13 2021, 05:11 AM
Post #24

Advanced Member

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif) goes without saying.

cracked the problem with mine.
the hose connection to the tyre had dirt in it which stopped it from sealing once it was screwed into tyre valve. the tyre valve once you screw it down combined with tyre pressure self seals it, unless you have grains of dirt in there that stop it all being pushed back and self sealing under pressure.

pulled both screw in connectors to schrader valves (in line valve and tyre valve) and soaked in hot water. dissolved dirt out of the tyre connector fitting. basically grains of sand in there were washed out.

whole system is working again. pathetic as it is.

the mikey tip on how to fit the hoses is 100%.
just soak in hot water.
and fit.

hot water is your friend in fitting and also cleaning parts of the system.
it all accumulates either sand grains in critical spots or calcium deposits.
+Quote Post
bbrock
post Feb 24 2021, 11:31 AM
Post #25

914 Guru

Member No.: 20,845
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Feb 10 2021, 01:41 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/bs.gif) "admire" my (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bootyshake.gif)

But I think I solved the problem. I plugged in the metal schrader fitting from Amazon 2 days ago and inflated the tire to 42 psi. Holding rock steady so far. No leaks (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)

Next step is to hook up the bottle to pressurize the rest of the system to make sure there are no other leaks.
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Feb 25 2021, 09:03 AM
Post #26

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143

QUOTE(wonkipop @ Feb 9 2021, 07:05 PM) *

its actually a bit of a hassle in the 914 as i am driving on mph in a kmh country -
and the state govt. here has gone zero tolerance on urban speeding using cameras,
so no cop discretion. and in typical aus bureaucratic fashion there are now umpteen different urban speed limits. 30k. 40 k 50 k 60 k 70 k 80k. its all designed to fill the revenue coffers under the guise of public safety. was only a decade ago it was standard 60k with 80k on some divided major urban roads. 100-110 on the open road.
and on the "un"-opened roads - whatever you thought. but cameras everywhere now.
hidden behind bushes etc.

why a 1.8 L 914 finally makes sense.
and my other cars rarely get to get opened up.
better to find a twisty road and do the fast corner thing.
though i have heard cops pulling up folks for taking corners at "reckless" speed if there happens to be a sign before the corner posting a recommended max speed.
its getting hard to live as a free man.

You could always find a speedometer from a Euro/Canadian 914 or Euro/Canadian 911 of the same vintage and swap it out. I used to have one from a 914 that was brought in to the states as a grey market car. But I sold it years ago to an Canadian member here.

+Quote Post
wonkipop
post Feb 25 2021, 02:35 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

QUOTE(bbrock @ Feb 24 2021, 11:31 AM) *

QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Feb 10 2021, 01:41 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/bs.gif) "admire" my (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bootyshake.gif)

But I think I solved the problem. I plugged in the metal schrader fitting from Amazon 2 days ago and inflated the tire to 42 psi. Holding rock steady so far. No leaks (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)

Next step is to hook up the bottle to pressurize the rest of the system to make sure there are no other leaks.

managed to even restore the section i had zipt-ied 6 months ago.
had retained a piece of orig hose from under the dash that was still pliable/not perished. cut a length. found some rubber hose right diameter in the workshop to use as orig style seal sleeve and followed the Mikey tip. boiling water or just under boiling water temp - hose can be made to go over the tits on the fittings fairly easily. same for massaging sleeves over that. boiling water - super hot. the rubber hose won't move with just hot water. keep a kettle/saucepan on the boil for a constant source and keep soaking it. works well, no air leaks. now all back to stock form and does not seem to be leaking.

+ thanks to bbrock i now air up the tyre from the connection near the gas tank filler.
can't believe i never realised that for 30 years.

Attached Image

@clayperrine . yes, i'm thinking maybe i should do that. or i could just set up my phone i suppose for a gps readout and try and clip it somewhere?
i can do both systems in my head - grew up on imperial and went metric in my teens.
i knew all the standard conversions. 60k = 35mph. 80k = 50 mph. 100k = 60mph.
its the ones in between now that get you. have even seen some 5 increments starting to get used in the absurdity of proliferating micro speed limits in australia.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:05 AM