Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WTT: Pristine Euro taillight housings for pristine U.S. housings, If you're building a correct GT replica, these are what you need
horizontally-opposed
post Feb 14 2021, 07:34 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,058
Region Association: None

I bought a pair of Euro taillight housings as NOS from Porsche 15~ years ago, and they've lived a pampered life in my car since they were installed. I'll get some pics, but the housings still look new to me.

To my eye, differences include slightly "whiter" reflectors and a lack of the small U.S.-required side marker bulbs. Therefore, they're ideal for a race car, Euro 914 or 914-6, or 914-6 GT project.

Thanks,

Pete

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Feb 14 2021, 08:01 PM
Post #2

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Why not grab a set of US reflectors and use the inner structure in your housings?
If you end up using Spoke's LED's, a shiny reflector isn't even needed.
+Quote Post
horizontally-opposed
post Feb 14 2021, 09:19 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 14 2021, 06:01 PM) *

Why not grab a set of US reflectors and use the inner structure in your housings?
If you end up using Spoke's LED's, a shiny reflector isn't even needed.

^ True, but these are so nice it feels funny to mess with them by swapping reflectors/internals.

There might be someone who would like near-NOS housings for a Euro -4 or -6 or a GT conversion. If not, no biggie. Certainly not in any hurry…
+Quote Post
gms
post Feb 15 2021, 10:12 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,785
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I might have a home, let's see the pix!
+Quote Post
Jett
post Feb 15 2021, 11:09 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 17,686
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I have a good US set if you like... let me know if interested.
+Quote Post
horizontally-opposed
post Feb 15 2021, 03:49 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

QUOTE(gms @ Feb 15 2021, 08:12 AM) *

I might have a home, let's see the pix!

Right on. Will get!
+Quote Post
9146GUY
post Feb 16 2021, 09:30 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 19,420

$$ Also, unless I missed that part.
+Quote Post
horizontally-opposed
post Feb 20 2021, 01:16 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Pics below, and I guess I was wrong: The difference can be seen through the lenses, as the whitish turn-signal reflectors do change the color of the amber sectors—though I guess that's one for the serious 914 nerds. Also note unused side-marker bucket—which makes these better for a true Euro 914 or a proper GT. I added the US side reflectors, which slid right in.

I ordered these new, from PAG, a very long time ago, and they were registered as the last complete L&R French taillights. The lenses went to Mr. Shea, as they didn't look great on a red car to these eyes. They are at least as nice as they look in the pics, having lived a pretty pampered life over 5000-10000 miles of fun drives only.

Side reflectors, outer lenses, and knobs not include (unless we work something out for pieces in similar condition).

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
horizontally-opposed
post Feb 20 2021, 01:18 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Three more…

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
horizontally-opposed
post Feb 20 2021, 01:19 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Apologies for the upside-down pics, but they'll right side up when you click on them to inspect more closely! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
raynekat
post Feb 20 2021, 09:23 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 18,263

What would you want for them without any kind of trade?
+Quote Post
horizontally-opposed
post Feb 21 2021, 10:42 AM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Sorry, this is "Want to Trade" as I need taillights in order to drive my car! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Just wondered if someone with similarly nice US buckets and a Euro car, GT, or GT replica might like to swap. If no one does, I'd be willing to consider nice but less than perfect buckets + trade or trade + cash (either direction) for parts I've been after. Been looking off and on for 15x6 deep 6s or 7Rs in need of restoration, really nice pre-2000s main targa/windshield seal, and rebuildable Koni red front struts for 911.
+Quote Post
smg914
post Feb 22 2021, 07:16 AM
Post #13

Sahara Beige Steve

Member No.: 1,695

Pete,

I have what appears to be a complete with lens NOS right side taillight assembly. I've had this in my stash fir a long time. The right side assembly on my Euro M471 has always been in less then perfect condition and figured someday I would replace it. So if you get to the point that you're willing to trade your assemblies to different buyers, count me in for the "right" side.
+Quote Post
gms
post Feb 24 2021, 10:12 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,785

Sorry Pete, I didn't think about a not having worthy trade for you
+Quote Post
Jett
post Feb 24 2021, 10:28 PM
Post #15

QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Feb 20 2021, 11:16 AM) *

Pics below, and I guess I was wrong: The difference can be seen through the lenses, as the whitish turn-signal reflectors do change the color of the amber sectors—though I guess that's one for the serious 914 nerds. Also note unused side-marker bucket—which makes these better for a true Euro 914 or a proper GT. I added the US side reflectors, which slid right in.

I ordered these new, from PAG, a very long time ago, and they were registered as the last complete L&R French taillights. The lenses went to Mr. Shea, as they didn't look great on a red car to these eyes. They are at least as nice as they look in the pics, having lived a pretty pampered life over 5000-10000 miles of fun drives only.

Side reflectors, outer lenses, and knobs not include (unless we work something out for pieces in similar condition).

I don’t see the difference between these buckets, except the whiter backing. Not sure what to look for?

We took US buckets and removed the side reflectors, and then had the backing plates re-chromed at G-Car.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
horizontally-opposed
post Mar 4 2021, 02:49 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

QUOTE(smg914 @ Feb 22 2021, 05:16 AM) *

Pete,

I have what appears to be a complete with lens NOS right side taillight assembly. I've had this in my stash fir a long time. The right side assembly on my Euro M471 has always been in less then perfect condition and figured someday I would replace it. So if you get to the point that you're willing to trade your assemblies to different buyers, count me in for the "right" side.

I can't think of too many worthier homes for these (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) but suspect splitting them will be even tougher to find a way to move them on to the right place.

QUOTE(gms @ Feb 24 2021, 08:12 PM) *

Sorry Pete, I didn't think about a not having worthy trade for you

No worries, and missed your reply. All good.
+Quote Post
horizontally-opposed
post Mar 4 2021, 02:54 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Jett @ Feb 24 2021, 08:28 PM) *

I don’t see the difference between these buckets, except the whiter backing. Not sure what to look for?

We took US buckets and removed the side reflectors, and then had the backing plates re-chromed at G-Car.

Besides the "whiter" turn-signal reflector on the RoW buckets, there is no provision for a side marker bulb on the RoW piece. IIRC, they didn't come with the US-spec side reflectors, either, but mine slid right in so I used them.

Might be interested in buying a pair of buckets from you, hit me up with a price via DM please.

If we work something out, I'll probably list these RoW buckets here. If we don't, I'll keep them ready for the right worthy cause. I'm in no rush.
+Quote Post
Jett
post Mar 4 2021, 03:22 PM
Post #18

QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Mar 4 2021, 12:54 PM) *

QUOTE(Jett @ Feb 24 2021, 08:28 PM) *

Besides the "whiter" turn-signal reflector on the RoW buckets, there is no provision for a side marker bulb on the RoW piece. IIRC, they didn't come with the US-spec side reflectors, either, but mine slid right in so I used them.

Might be interested in buying a pair of buckets from you, hit me up with a price via DM please.

If we work something out, I'll probably list these RoW buckets here. If we don't, I'll keep them ready for the right worthy cause. I'm in no rush.

roger that... I’ll dig these out today
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:58 AM