Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Problem solved! Emergencyish Situation! Need a good MPS, MPS failure right before shipping car.
hcdmueller
post Feb 20 2021, 06:55 PM
Post #1

?????????????

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,527
Region Association: England

I am in the middle of moving to the UK. The Air Force has already picked up all of our stuff. 2 days ago I tried to start my car and no luck. It's a 76 and after relacing or troubleshooting everything, it's still not starting. I bit the bullet and bought a vacuum pump from Harbor Freight to check out the MPS. It isn't a complete fail, but it leaks down from 20 to 14 lbs in < 4 min.

List if things I've done. New vacuum lines, rubber intake sleeves, injector seals, fuel filter, spark plugs, head temp sensor. Checked fuel pressure, injector function, TPS adjustment. I have the 123ignition distributor with new cap and rotor.

I have to ship this car in 10 days or less. Obviously it needs to be running.

Does anyone have a known good 2.0 compatible MPS I could borrow/rent/purchase right now?

I'm in Panama City, FL. Given the weather, something closer to me would probably be better.

Other options could be a good running set of carbs and intakes or if someone has a plug n play microsquirt setup sitting on the shelf.

Any help is appreciated.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 08:47 PM