Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WTB Early Front Clip, Looking for a good example
zoomCat
post Feb 21 2021, 01:21 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,526
Region Association: None

I'm looking for an early (70-72) front clip that can be shipped to Cincinnati. All I really need is the sheet metal but I'n willing to take whatever is bolted to it if that is necessary. I'll be using it from just forward of the shift leaver.
I've posted this before a couple of times, but nothing has panned out so far. Thanks to all who've contacted me with leads; so far they all have had issues or folks haven't been able to follow up with documentation.

Whole cars could be considered, but I hate to cut up something for just the front.

What I've got has some rust in odd places, and some badly repaired crash damage from many years ago; I'm looking for something pretty straight and solid to make it worth the effort. We'd like to find something that won't require a bunch of hours of repair before we can use it.

I'm not in a position to come and fetch it, so we'll have to arrange shipping.

Here's the intended recipient:
Attached Image

Thanks!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Bullethead
post Feb 21 2021, 02:38 PM
Post #2

Oil Cooled heart

Member No.: 11,875
Region Association: South East States

Have you spoken with this guy? Looks like he's willing to cut what you need.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=351009
+Quote Post
zoomCat
post Feb 21 2021, 03:20 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,526

QUOTE(Bullethead @ Feb 21 2021, 03:38 PM) *

Have you spoken with this guy? Looks like he's willing to cut what you need.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=351009

Unfortunately the rusted floorboards and bent driver's side door hinge pillar and part of what I need. The recipient had brake fluid spilled back in the previous century, so the are below the reservoir and pedal cluster have been compromised, and the existing driver's side fender had been 'repaired' at some time and both the fender and the mounting sheetmetal on the tub need replaced.

As always, when we started digging into it we kept find more issues.

Thanks for the lead, though.
+Quote Post
smveril
post Mar 19 2021, 07:23 PM
Post #4

Mikey

Member No.: 3,232
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I have a 73 junk car in West Chester OH which has a decent drivers door hinge

Mike
+Quote Post
Pezz
post Mar 21 2021, 06:43 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 23,621
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(zoomCat @ Feb 21 2021, 12:21 PM) *

I'm looking for an early (70-72) front clip that can be shipped to Cincinnati. All I really need is the sheet metal but I'n willing to take whatever is bolted to it if that is necessary. I'll be using it from just forward of the shift leaver.
I've posted this before a couple of times, but nothing has panned out so far. Thanks to all who've contacted me with leads; so far they all have had issues or folks haven't been able to follow up with documentation.

Whole cars could be considered, but I hate to cut up something for just the front.

What I've got has some rust in odd places, and some badly repaired crash damage from many years ago; I'm looking for something pretty straight and solid to make it worth the effort. We'd like to find something that won't require a bunch of hours of repair before we can use it.

Attached Image

Thanks!

Hi zoomCat~
This 1970 donor has some rust holes under the fuel tank and in the rubber gutter under the frunk hood. It looks in better shape than your car, but it will need a few patches.
PM me if interested and want more photos.
Thank you
~Pezz
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Pezz
post Mar 21 2021, 06:47 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 23,621
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(Pezz @ Mar 21 2021, 05:43 AM) *

QUOTE(zoomCat @ Feb 21 2021, 12:21 PM) *

Attached Image

Thanks!

Hi zoomCat~
This 1970 donor has some rust holes under the fuel tank and in the rubber gutter under the frunk hood. It looks in better shape than your car, but it will need a few patches.
PM me if interested and want more photos.
Thank you
~Pezz
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

PS: Driver's door hinge is damaged and fender was damaged and removed.
Attached Image
+Quote Post
lostreasure
post Apr 15 2021, 06:44 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 16,048

i have a complete 1970 914 with a great nose! doors are also good- Free! missing steering wheel and interior-motor no good
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 04:27 AM