Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> El Toro Autocross 2-21-2021
yeahmag
post Feb 22 2021, 12:16 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,946
Region Association: Southern California

Had a great time on Sunday. Beat up on cars 2 classes up from us. This was a big HP track and that's not what I have, I'm slowly working on a 2270, but it will be a while before that is ready for sure. New springs seem to work out really well. I still need to check to see where the "tattle tale" ended up to see if I'm still bottoming out, but I think we are really close now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENx3eVv64eU
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
yeahmag
post Feb 23 2021, 02:54 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,946
Region Association: Southern California

I don't think any 914 that resembles a street car will catch the newest water cooled stuff. Especially in the modified or GT classes. I'm 5 seconds off the fastest cars on a HP track (including the infamous Tom Berry) 49.X vs 54.X. Granted, I've got a relatively low power motor and am not a super human driver.

Hoosier A7's and toe out will change everything for turn in. Including your budget... You will need to spring the shit out of it to get it to not bottom out and be able to sustain the G load in a corner. Especially in the transitions... (L-R-L-R). You will also need at a minimum a Mad Dog Motorsports long kit and a Tangerine Racing inner ear scab plate. Camber plates are pretty much mandatory too.

Galen at Werks 2 in Burbank has really helped me fine tune the car. I got it 90% there, but he is responsible for the alignment, corner balance, and spring recommendations. Can't recommend him enough.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
JamesM
post Feb 23 2021, 04:39 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 5,834
Region Association: Intermountain Region

QUOTE(yeahmag @ Feb 23 2021, 01:54 PM) *

I don't think any 914 that resembles a street car will catch the newest water cooled stuff. Especially in the modified or GT classes. I'm 5 seconds off the fastest cars on a HP track (including the infamous Tom Berry) 49.X vs 54.X. Granted, I've got a relatively low power motor and am not a super human driver.

Hoosier A7's and toe out will change everything for turn in. Including your budget... You will need to spring the shit out of it to get it to not bottom out and be able to sustain the G load in a corner. Especially in the transitions... (L-R-L-R). You will also need at a minimum a Mad Dog Motorsports long kit and a Tangerine Racing inner ear scab plate. Camber plates are pretty much mandatory too.

Galen at Werks 2 in Burbank has really helped me fine tune the car. I got it 90% there, but he is responsible for the alignment, corner balance, and spring recommendations. Can't recommend him enough.

Local PCA stuff here isnt that intense and a lot of the lots we have access too tend to favor handling over HP. Well prepped 914s with a half way decent driver usually have a chance of landing near the top. Not saying its going to be possible, but for me the fun is in the challenge.

Also mine only vaguely resembles a street car at this point.

The SCCA guys would probably mop the floor with me though.

Attached Image

User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:33 AM