Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Oil Filter Removal Tool, How to remove the oil filter from a '73 914 2.0
9ONE4_JIM
post Feb 22 2021, 07:30 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,221
Region Association: Central California

Hi Members. Apologies for my very first post being a Porsche "Newbie" one, but I had a bear of a time yesterday trying to remove the oil filter on my just-acquired '73 914 2.0.

My trusty clamp style removal tool wouldn't expand wide enough to grab the old, in-place filter.The OD of original filter case is about 4" (101.6 mm) Side handle tools just would not fit in the limited space as well.

After a good hour I did manage to finally get it out! I did the oil sump/strainer clean-up and regasketing as well – which also required some patience and coaxing.

So my question is, is there a recommended wrench, socket or clamp tool for the oil filter removal?

Thanks in-advance for your help.
Jim
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
ndfrigi
post Feb 22 2021, 07:34 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,474
Region Association: Southern California

no special tool and does not need to tight. Especially for the strainer bolt, don’t over tighten it or else you will end up opening the engine case.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:48 AM