Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Anyone set static timing on a Pertronix Ignitor III?
bbrock
post Apr 10 2021, 10:12 PM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,845
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Trying to set static timing in prep for engine first start. I hooked up my DMM between the negative side of the coil and ground and turned on the ignition switch. I get 12.8 volts no matter where I turn the dizzy. I pulled the dizzy and plugged in a 050 with conventional points and the DMM went to zero when the points closed as expected. Plugged the dizzy with Pertronix back in and back to 12.8 volts no matter what. I can hear the module spark as the dizzy shaft lobe passes the sensor so I just set the timing where I hear it spark on #1 cylinder at TDC. Makes me wonder if a test light would flash on and off quickly at that point.

I know people have set static timing on other Pertronix using this method, but am wondering if the multispark feature or the fact the Ignitor III doesn't use a magnet keeps it from working. All I can find on the Pertronix site is that you set timing the same as for conventional points but that was written before the Ignitor III came out. Anyone else tried this? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:37 AM