Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Timing 73 2.0L D-jet, Help
steuspeed
post Apr 11 2021, 06:48 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,308
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

In pursuit of hunting idle, I have done the following. New plugs and wires. All new vacuum lines. Reset the ECU to factory notch on the knob. With a mirror, I found two straight notches on the back edge of the fan. The first one lined up with the #1 plug on the distributer and the dizzy notch mark. I believe that is TDC? It was (red) so I marked red on the front edge of the fan where I can see it through the hole with my timing light. The second one ~4 blades further (no color) I marked yellow line on the front edge. Removed both vac lines from the dizzy. Run the engine up to about 2K and I can get the red to line up with the notch. As the RPM goes higher it walks toward the passenger side out of sight. Pertronix rotor no points.

Is seems to me the my yellow line should be lining up as per Hanes manual. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: Okay, so TDC should not be the red, but the unpainted clear mark. The red is the 27 BTDC timing mark.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st May 2024 - 09:32 AM