Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> oil leak, no significant drips in the garage or driveway before this trip
DRPHIL914
post May 16 2021, 07:15 PM
Post #1

Dr. Phil

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,106
Region Association: South East States

Ok i just got back from Florida, first trip with rebuilt transmission and new muffler. so i guess i am around 750 miles on that trip, 1500 since last oil change and looks like i was 1/2 quart down. motor has 60k miles total on it. motor and transmission were all out 3 years ago during the time the car was getting repainted. i had a front seal leak and replaced it along with all the push rod tube seals. i did have a slight leak from the oil filter adaptor for the Aux oil cooler, which was taken care of last time i did the change and that was about 4-5 months ago.
it looks to be coming from the area of the oil pump or maybe the front seal again? i am posting a couple pictures too but i might have to scope this, best i could do for. ow with cell phone. i only found this as i got home a few hours before and was just doing a quick check and was going to work on making the new valance, noticed some marks on under side of the muffler, looks like oil drips being blown back onto the muffler.... anyway kind of sucks ans i don’t have time to drop the whole bit before Amelia and Werks reunion on Friday.

any thoughts would be appreciated

Phil

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 04:08 AM