Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hagerty Question on total buy back
bbrock
post Sep 12 2022, 01:54 PM
Post #41

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,845
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Just make sure the use conditions for Grundy will meet your needs. See the post above yours. Grundy was quite a bit more restrictive about how I could use my car to the point I went a different route. I've now got Hagerty freedom with close to Grundy price but I'm told State Farm has a bad reputation on paying claims. Seems they find a way to screw you no matter who you choose.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
scallyk9
post Sep 13 2022, 12:33 PM
Post #42

Member No.: 20,499
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(campbellcj @ Sep 1 2021, 06:40 AM) *

FWIW Hagerty refused to cover my 914 due to its track/race mods - anyone else run into that?

I have two 914s insured with Hagerty for the same value agreed value. Both are 1974 model year but I do have to pay roughly 15% more for the one with a 3.2L conversion because it is "modified" over the stock Bumblebee, although it is otherwise stock.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
racerbvd
post Sep 13 2022, 10:11 PM
Post #43

Advanced Member

Member No.: 226
Region Association: None

QUOTE(bandjoey @ Jun 4 2021, 04:21 PM) *

My regular insurance agent found out that I have a Hagerty policy that I get directly from Hagerty, and as all agents do, wanted me to move the policy to him...Until now i didn't know regular agents handled Hagerty.

He claims that the reason is that he can get a 'special' coverage not offered direct.
For the low price of $7 monthly, should my car be totaled, they pay me the insured amount and give me the car back free of charge - no buyback amount $0.

Anyone else heard this or have that 'special' coverage?

One of Masonic brothers is an Hagerty agent and told me about this, so yes, I is a real thing.
+Quote Post
carr914
post Dec 28 2022, 03:06 PM
Post #44

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 1,623
Region Association: South East States

I have Hagerty and Cherished Value is on my Porsche. When my Agent added my Acura to my policy, she didn't add CV. I totalled my Acura, Hagerty is being good about paying me for the Loss, but wants an exorbitable amount for the Salvage!
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Dec 28 2022, 03:14 PM
Post #45

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

QUOTE(bbrock @ Sep 12 2022, 01:54 PM) *

Just make sure the use conditions for Grundy will meet your needs. See the post above yours. Grundy was quite a bit more restrictive about how I could use my car to the point I went a different route. I've now got Hagerty freedom with close to Grundy price but I'm told State Farm has a bad reputation on paying claims. Seems they find a way to screw you no matter who you choose.

We had a State Farm agreed value policy when Betty's car got hit. They treated us right on the claim. They paid off then they went after the guy that hit me. But they raised the rates on it after that. When we decided to switch to Hagerty, we talked to our State Farm agent. He told us that State Farm was no longer offering agreed value policies. They were in negotiations with Hagerty to have State Farm resell Hagerty agreed value insurance for all classic, vintage, and antique cars. That way State Farm doesn't carry the specialty insurance, and they still offer the multi-car discounts, and one insurance bill.

But we have not seen that happen yet.

+Quote Post
NARP74
post Dec 28 2022, 03:37 PM
Post #46

Member No.: 24,549
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

My agent said they also sell Hagerty but at the same price. She said it was no advantage for me to bundle with her. That was 6 months ago.
+Quote Post
Geezer914
post Dec 29 2022, 07:23 PM
Post #47

Geezer914

Member No.: 10,179
Region Association: North East States

I have American Collectors and they quoted the buy back at $79 for the year or buy it back for half the salvage value out of pocket.
+Quote Post
Bagpype
post Dec 30 2022, 08:40 AM
Post #48

Member No.: 18,936
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Dion @ Jun 5 2021, 02:07 PM) *

I have American Collectors, I need to investigate this. I have an agreed value as well but need to up the ante in light of the recent value trends. Thanks for the heads up.

Worst company I have ever used American Collectors. I had a vintage Corvette insured through them that was stolen. A year later and an attorney I had to hire, they finally paid my claim. Never.Again.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 10:24 PM